Clines and value input

Next
I just tried to create a rectangle (corner to corner), where I entered the width manually. No more Square cline in sight :(

And after creating clines originating from other objects, the opposite point, the height value, does no longer snap the them neither.

I hope this is halfway clear.

Ditto
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6117.2 In reply to 6117.1 
Hi Ditto,

> I just tried to create a rectangle (corner to corner), where I entered the width
> manually. No more Square cline in sight :(

Yup, that's intentional - since the width is now constrained it wouldn't really work to freely track along any point along the "square" diagonal snapping line, so it removes the tracking line once you've entered in a width or height.

I guess I could add in a snap target point (rather than tracking line) for a square snap once you've entered in a width or height though, I'll take a look at that.

> And after creating clines originating from other objects, the opposite point, the height value,
> does no longer snap the them neither.

Sorry I don't understand this part...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6117.3 In reply to 6117.2 
Hi Michael,

Ok, I understand the missing "square" line. Having a snap target would be nice, as it would avoid having to enter the number twice.

For the second part, I am referring to the situation below. I can't get a snap at the height from the cline.

Ditto

Edit: Oupsa, I found my trick: Creating another, vertical, cline from the bottom of the rectangle and target the intersection. Not very evident, but I am a happy camper again. Thanks.

EDITED: 13 Aug 2013 by DITTO

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6117.4 In reply to 6117.3 
Hi Ditto,

> For the second part, I am referring to the situation below. I can't get a snap at the height from the cline.

That's working ok for me over here, have you possibly turned off some kinds of snap types? You would need "On" snap turned on if you want to snap on to just any point of that cline (not on any key intersection or end point I mean).

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6117.5 In reply to 6117.4 
2nd oupsa: You are right. Sorry for the noise.

Thanks, Michael!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6117.6 In reply to 6117.3 
> Edit: Oupsa, I found my trick: Creating another, vertical, cline from the bottom of the rectangle
> and target the intersection. Not very evident, but I am a happy camper again. Thanks.

That shouldn't be necessary unless you have possibly disabled some other kinds of snaps?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6117.7 In reply to 6117.3 
Also it looks like you did have a snap target that was enabled that you could have used here:

Notice that little faint tick mark there? Those show up on object snap points that are in the general wider area of the mouse cursor so that you can home in on them if you're looking for a snap point in that area.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6117.8 In reply to 6117.1 
Hi Ditto, I've added in an additional "square" snap point for the next beta which will show up after you've entered in just one of width or height.

This affects the Rectangle, RectCenter, Plane, PlaneCenter, Box, BoxCenter, and ArrayGrid commands.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All