New Beta UI question

Next
Hi Michael, are there any differences with the previous beta regarding the UI folder, and the moi.css structure?
Since I've changed the colors and icons to match my preferences, I was wondering if I can just copy and paste the whole UI folder to the new one.
As for the new features, they work great.
Keep up the good work,
M.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6092.2 In reply to 6092.1 
Hi wastzzz, there are usually some changes in various parts of the \ui folder to implement new features so you usuallly can't just copy an old version's entire UI folder over or else you'll lose the new features that also have new UI to control them.

I don't think that there were any changes to the moi.css file itself though, so it should be ok in this case to copy that one file over. Sometimes there will be changes there too though and when that happens you have to merge your changes in rather than just copying the old file over. But in this particular case it should be ok I think.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6092.3 In reply to 6092.2 
Thank you, so I am saved for this time!
Just saying, for future versions it would be smart to update the structure of the moi.css, which could make it a lot easier to find&replace colors:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1875852/define-colors-as-variables-in-css
or http://css-tricks.com/set-up-variables-for-colors-in-css/

or even css variables, but I don't know if they work:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7247202/how-to-use-variable-in-css

That's just an idea, hope it helped.
M.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6092.4 In reply to 6092.3 
Yup in the future I want to make a custom parser that will be able to set up some color defines in a text file, like:

#define SIDE_PANE_COLOR rgb(0,0,0)

etc... and then have only those labels in the moi.css file. That should make it easier to make a custom skin by only editing all colors in one single place.

I'm not sure when it will happen though, I have more of a priority on improving modeling tools rather than improving UI tweaking tools right now.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6092.5 In reply to 6092.4 
Michael:
I use the phenomenon of crash, can't operation, can't save, can you tell me how to solve?
Attachments:

Image Attachments:
Size: 49.9 KB, Downloaded: 57 times, Dimensions: 631x409px
Size: 49.9 KB, Downloaded: 20 times, Dimensions: 631x409px
Size: 90.1 KB, Downloaded: 36 times, Dimensions: 445x306px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6092.6 In reply to 6092.5 
Hi Beetle, that's a kind of weird crash. But I see from your dialog title there that you're using the Mar-17 v3 beta. I've just released a brand new one a couple of days ago, please try downloading the new one from http://moi3d.com/beta.htm and see if that one works better for you.

Also the moi_report1.zip file that you attached is of zero size, that may indicate that your problem is related to running out of memory. If MoI runs out of memory while trying to do some operation it could have weird side effects and also not generate proper crash reports as well.

If you are working with a particularly heavy file that is close to running out of memory there are some display settings you can adjust to reduce memory consumption, go to Options > View > "Meshing parameters" and change the "Mesh angle" setting to 25 degrees, and uncheck "Add detail to inflections".

That will make a rougher looking display mesh but will also reduce memory consumption by quite a bit on heavy files.

The default display settings generate pretty dense display meshes which look nice but can consume quite a bit of memory if you have a lot of little curved pieces or just a very dense model.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All