Bug Diff?
All  1  2-9

Previous
Next
Another one :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery

EDITED: 31 Jan 2008 by PILOU

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I you do the first one with the stars in steps, then it works
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
609.4 In reply to 609.3 
? You can make the Boolean Diff with 10 Stars?
1 + 1+ 1 +....
Yes you right that works but it's not very practical when you have many objects :)
---
Pilou
My Gallery

EDITED: 14 May 2007 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Another case Boolean Diff : One sphere, 2 free curves ellipse, in 2 steps :)
Of course I select first the Sphere then the Ellipse (here ellipse is yellow just for show number 2)

---
Pilou
My Gallery

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
609.6 In reply to 609.1 
Hi Pilou, thanks for reporting these boolean bugs. I probably won't have a fix for these until I get an update to the geometry library in the future.

Booleans tend to have a much more difficult time when there are many edges running very close to each other or overlapping on top of each other.

I think that this is generally the reason why certain arrangements don't work as well. For example with an even number of items like 8 or 10, you have more and more pairs of things that are opposite one another. These opposite pairs tends to increase the chances of having many cutting edges overlapping.

One strange thing is if I open up your bug01.3dm, it actually seems to work fine. But if I create a brand new sphere instead of using the saved one, it doesn't work. It's also odd that it works when you do it one-by-one, I'm also not quite sure yet why that works instead. You actually don't have to do it one-by-one to make it work, you can do it in 2 batches, one with all the curves from one side, and then a second time with their opposites.

These are pretty hard bugs to track down so it will probably be a while longer before they get fully resolved, probably after V1.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
609.7 In reply to 609.5 
Hi Pilou, your example #3 was a bit easier to examine since there are not quite so many pieces.

But this is also another case that will be difficult to fix up soon. It is a bug in the processing of 2 surfaces that touch each other like this:

In some circumstances like this where 2 surfaces just exactly touch each other at a point, the geometry library gets confused about which resulting piece is supposed to be kept and which is supposed to be discarded. I've seen this one a couple of times. It's another one that I hope will be solved by an update to the geometry library in a future version after V1.

It's another example of problems involving different pieces just barely overlapping or touching each other.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
609.8 In reply to 609.6 
yes it's odd bug :)
But seems there is in general another solution for have the same result by a another way :)

On another subject: about http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=582.17
> Fillets block on construction line!
Yes, this is a limitation of the current fillet engine. Fillets won't cross an edge boundary like this. I hope that this will be improved in future versions of the geometry library that I am using

Does any chance you find new fillet library for the V1?
---
Pilou
My Gallery

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
609.9 In reply to 609.8 
> Does any chance you find new fillet library for the V1?

Not the complete new library, but there is still something left for me to try. There is a different interface to the same library that seems like it tries a couple of different approaches if there has been a problem with the standard method.

It is possible this may help out a bit on some thing that cause problems, but I'm not quite sure how much of a difference it will make yet.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-9