Death of SUB-D Artist)! Closed
 1-20  …  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-119

Previous
Next
6076.81 In reply to 6076.80 
"""""""You can recover the entire surface on the piece on the left even if shrinking has been applied. If shrinking has been applied you can still recover a full cylinder surface for the piece on the right """"""""

Yup, and you cant recover any of it in 3dcoat! So, apparently, the originating application is not "useless"............ Like, the all quad output and specialty seam falloff tools from boolean operations in the Braid Art tools!
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.82 In reply to 6076.75 
> Your definition of a "true" sub-d modeler, is false...

Why?

I think true sub-d modeller at least must have import/export obj... Is it false??????

You steel do not answer my question, if Groboto can import obj....
Or is it possible for Braid art in Modo to modify any plygonal objects??

Why you do not answer this question? I asked 3 times already.... I think becouse answer is - NO.

>We are talking about Braid art in Modo..... And by the way, You keep refering to "serious projects".. What is that?

We are talking about soft that nobody tested here?

And this is some examples of sireous projects:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6028.1

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5884.1

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5939.1

Now show me what you made with Groboto or Braid art in Modo(that was not released yet)???

>You cannot take your MoI model into Sub-d and go to town, Without further work. You are incorrect.

Why I have to do this? I never made this thing. I can model everything I need in MOI...
But you can not model everything you need inside Groboto or with Braid art in Modo you will have to "Commit"... When you will understand it ?? :)

EDITED: 1 Aug 2013 by ANDREI SAMARDAC

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.83 In reply to 6076.82 
"""""""""""> Your definition of a "true" sub-d modeler, is false...

Why?

""""IIIIIIII""""""""""""""" think true sub-d modeller at least must have import/export obj... Is it false??????"""""""""""""

Apparently, "YOUR" definition is all that matter? That's why.

"""""""You steel do not answer my question, if Groboto can import obj....
Or is it possible for Braid art in Modo to modify any plygonal objects??"""""""""""

Well, this is completely irrelevant. Groboto works with it's own type of object. But "For you" that makes it irrelevant, unusable, or somehow "untrue" to what it's doing. I mean, MoI works with it's own type of objects. They also need to be "commited" to enter other types of workflows. So you just don't make any sense with that.

"""""We are talking about soft that nobody tested here?""""

Is that your best guess? Your wrong. As a matter of fact, there is a partnership in the works with one of the worlds leading poly modelers.

""""""""""And this is some examples of sireous projects:"""""""""

Well, I think it's interesting you keep referring to Models made with MoI. Models from Google searches which produce results made by other users here like "PaQ", who could make those models in ANY application....

As a matter of fact, You should go look at the tutorials provided by the maker of MoI. If this was a few years ago, you would look at MoI and google a few other app galleries and state "Just look at the "Childs play" results of the app. Only now, you show the results of the people you are debating.

You don't think your simple cylinder object can be made in Groboto? Oh no, that's right, You'll come back with more challenge/attacks, and then claim how you can do that with "LOFT".... But then I'll make a "bot" out of your object, then perform a Groboto Design with it and say, Let's see you do that in ANY OTHER APP? ANd you'll respond how? And, What was the point again?

""""Why I have to do this? I never made this thing. I can model everything I need in MOI..."""""""

No, You've already stated you take it into 3dcoat, and to do that, you have to "commit" it... Same thing.....When will "you" understand this?

Apparently, the same thing you harp on doesn't apply to you? Oh yeah, that's because YOU and what matters to YOU, is all that matters to YOU. If it's doesn't matter to you, then it's wrong.

[EDIT] I just went to the MoI links you just posted. Looks like they are all links to "YOUR" models.. Wow. So, why are THOSE "Serious models"? I mean, what makes you think that there is anything "better" about any of your models, than say, My "Football" in the gallery. Is it some type of personal preference? Apparently, you are a "Real modeler", and others should just watch and listen??? I get it Andrei. You think your the man.

That's pretty arrogant of you to post pictures of your work, calling it "serious work", compared to somebody else's.... What's your criteria? Some would use "money" as a criteria for what "serious work" is.....What is YOUR criteria?

EDITED: 1 Aug 2013 by BURRMAN

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Ok guys, this is starting to devolve into a flame war here...

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.85 In reply to 6076.83 
BurrMan,

>Apparently, "YOUR" definition is all that matter? That's why.

I said- "at least"..... read carefully..... groboto and this plugin do not have this critical must have feature for any sub-d modeler.
what we are talking about? a?

>groboto works with it's own type of object
after that you say that groboto is polygonal modeller? a?

>is that your best guess? your wrong. as a matter of fact, there is a partnership in the works with one of the worlds leading poly modelers.
you tried it yourself or anybody here?

>no, you've already stated you take it into 3dcoat, and to do that, you have to "commit" it... same thing.....when will "you" understand this?
I do not use 3d-coat for modelling! I use it for retopology, UVs unwrap and painting!

Sorry but I can not talk with you any more. I waste my time trying to make you understand some basics.
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.86 In reply to 6076.85 
"""""""Sorry but I can not talk with you any more. I waste my time trying to make you understand some basics""""""""""""

There is really nothing you can help me with Andrei. Your perspective is SO LIMITED, you don't even understand the fundamentals of the process.
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
< if Groboto can import obj
I don't believe it can!
Manual page 6
"There is not polygon or tools for edit polygon in Groboto
(except possibility to smooth or Stylise those created by the Mesher itself ! "
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.89 In reply to 6076.88 
Pilou hope BurrMan hear you :) He still think that Groboto is polygonal modeler.

I just made some research, and find what team of Groboto says:

GroBoto's Solids/Boolean engine is entirely ours. Importantly it is not a polygonal system - it uses true analytical geometry.
...actually a big deal, because we can handle subtle intersections, complexity, coincident surfaces, and a bunch of other stuff that any poly-based system would choke on... Real-Time, absolutely clean, precise, fully shaded work-mode rendering.

I don't want to launch into a pitch here (I'm GroBoto's creator & one of it's developers - 'tho the other side of my brain knows I'm really an artist).

The GroBoto Site will give you a better idea of what it's about.

Best Wishes,
Darrel

--------------------

If it is still not argument for BurrMan, I think nothing can help him :)
Just to mention as Darrel says: "Importantly it is not a polygonal system - it uses true analytical geometry."

You can read full thread here:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-222865.html

Darrel says very clear what is Groboto and how it differs from polygonal modeling and NURBS.
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.90 In reply to 6076.89 
"He still think that Groboto is polygonal modeler."

This is why you're so frustrating to talk to. He NEVER said that - he pointed out that Groboto, like MoI, exports to polygonal formats. Putting words into people's mouths to score points will not win you any friends.
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.91 In reply to 6076.90 
""""""""He NEVER said that """"""""""

Thats true. I didnt. And it IS frustrating. But, I've been "called out" to play a game. So I have a game.

I just received a call for some "work". I made a sketch and he liked it. Asked if i would do the work. I made this in Groboto, as a start.

Maybe we can see Your workflow to make this object?
Attachments:

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.92 In reply to 6076.91 
WarrenM
>This is why you're so frustrating to talk to. He NEVER said that - he pointed out that Groboto, like MoI, exports to polygonal formats. Putting words into people's mouths to score points will not win you any friends.

BurrMan
> "He NEVER said that " Thats true. I didnt

WarrenM and BurrMan, you guys have short memory...

Who wrote this?

I think it is clear who is who.

Guys you better understand this:

1. Groboto is not polygonal modeller
2. Therу is no way to import polygonal mesh in Groboto to modify it.
3. To make serious project you have to export from Groboto to polygonal modeler and finish it. (But you will lose any advantages of its Boolean technology)r
4. Working in MOI you do no need to export any objects to finish them in extarnal modeler. So you can make booleans any time you want.
5. In MOI repairing objects is much more easer and faster than in Sub-D.
6. My first video is telling that there is no any simple way to make this object in polygonal modelling. Groboto is not polygonal modeler so you can not say that Groboto can do it. It just convert its object to polygonal model like MOI.

About plugin fr MODO,. When it will be release we will talk. Now nobody tested it and have no clear understanding how it works.

EDITED: 1 Aug 2013 by ANDREI SAMARDAC

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.93 In reply to 6076.92 
""""""""Who wrote this?""""""""""

I wrote that. It "is" a sub-d modeler and that is what it references. You seem to think it is not. I circled the words this time...

I posted your "game" about me making something in Groboto...

Maybe you can play it? It's your chance to prove me wrong, and make that in MoI!

EDITED: 1 Aug 2013 by BURRMAN

Image Attachments:
Size: 199.1 KB, Downloaded: 29 times, Dimensions: 745x800px
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.94 In reply to 6076.93 
BurrMan,

OMG)))))))))
In your words - It is not Polygonal modeler but is Sub-D modeler.

Very funny))))

You better stop it, people will start laugh at you)
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.95 In reply to 6076.94 
I posted the "game" you wanted to play, and all you want to do is argue and be insulting? I reposted the picture with the words circled for your clarity

Please respond to the model I posted from Groboto, with your model from MoI.....
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.96 In reply to 6076.93 
Something is off the rails here. I feel like I have no idea who is arguing what anymore. I'm going to stop trying to help and just watch I guess. My head hurts.
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
When I Boolean something and think.....nah! don't like it....I just hit the undo button ;)

Burr, deep breaths man F..U..B..A..RRRR :)

This is some thread what the heck was the subject again my brain hurts.

-
~Danny~
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.98 In reply to 6076.96 
""""""""Something is off the rails here. I feel like I have no idea who is arguing what anymore. I'm going to stop trying to help and just watch I guess. My head hurts.""""""""""

Well, I posted the model he requested that I make in Groboto, but no answer to that post yet.

We'll see.
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.99 In reply to 6076.98 
BurrMan
You want that I made your model in MOI? It's 5 minutes work I do not understand you.

-----------------------------------------
Portfolio: www.samardac.tumblr.com
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6076.100 In reply to 6076.97 
"""""Burr, deep breaths man F..U..B..A..RRRR :)

This is some thread what the heck was the subject again my brain hurts.""""""""""

Yeah, I broke down and presented him the game he wanted to play, and it kindof started jumping all over again...Seems crazy.
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-119