Recurrent topic

Next
Hello happy WiseEagle (Mickael) and MoI's Users,

Always looking for news on software 3D rendering.
Do MoI will develop stand-alone products in agreement with others companies? I need for fixed images, generally only for Web. So, to spend $1000 or $3000 will be stupid. Off, there is no valid application for hundred Euros (Dollars), and I'm not talking about the renderings in free Blender (enough heavy-going), or something like Silo, and others like that.

Today, I have contacted STRATA team (very friendly frequentable people; because I "heart" Strata, since a long time) I ask them, in my email, to think to fit the .3dm file format in my "Strata-Mirific (Amazing)" application, and I suggested to them, to offer us, just a 3D rendering not expensive, like a good junction with our super MoI (I "heart" also MoI, since shortly).

The users of MoI could to contact people of any 3D-Renderer, not make for market-cartel, or big-business budget of anonymous (limited, very limited) gatherings, corporates. More we are asking the same thing, more the chance to happen will realize. It's just a idea, a suggestion to do move (I'm not an gentle happy taxpayer consumer designer).

If anyone knows the "gem" hidden in the meanders of the epidermic Web...
In the meantime, I wait a certain answer from Strata support.

Have good MoI!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.2 In reply to 6070.1 
Hi Bard, are you asking if there will eventually be a built in rendering module directly inside of MoI?

I would like to have some kind of basic rendering built into MoI in the future some time but it's quite a ways away.

In the meantime a good but inexpensive rendering program that you might look into is SimLab Composer: http://www.simlab-soft.com/3d-products/simlab-composer-main.aspx . It's got a lot of good rendering features and the rendering edition costs $149, so that's far less than the $1000-$3000 range.

You need to export to OBJ format in order to send data from MoI over to SimLab Composer, you would also probably want to use OBJ format to go from MoI into Strata as well, at export time from MoI set the option for "Output : Quads & Triangles" and that should work well for getting data into Strata.

Another inexpensive render program you might look at is Carrara: http://www.daz3d.com/products/carrara/carrara-what-is-carrara again you'd probably use OBJ format for going from MoI to there as well, OBJ format is one of the most commonly used ones for transferring render data, it's pretty typical that you would export to a different format than 3DM for going to a rendering program.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.3 In reply to 6070.2 
Thank you for answer,

No need really a sort of plug-in insided of MoI; a autonomous, independant, 3D rendering application (stand-alone) is also well and simple, I think. To separate different tasks is not a bad thing. Different tools for different jobs seems a simple obvious. I'm not fan of big gas plants with thousand buttons everywhere.

Yes, export in .OBJ format for STRATA, it's the best way for this software; and it's better to uncheck the "smooth face" function to doesn't have weird distortions.

I did well to ask, because SIMLAB never appeared in my research on Google. Yes, SimLab Composer Rendering Edition for Windows Or Mac ($149), it's a good price. I go to test it immediately, mercy for this link; and if this software could be in French, that would be extra (great).

For Carrara, I known this software of MetaCreation, since the 1 or 2.0 version, I didn't catch too this product. But if one day MoI could propose a 3D rendering like comic (such vector clear line of Tintin), which can be exported, it would be interesting, no? In Poser 1.0 of Metacreation, there was a little module (integrated function) of sketch renderings that was very nice; I believe it's now Daz'studio 4.5.

Have good MoI.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.4 In reply to 6070.3 
Hi Bard,

>....and if this software could be in French, that would be extra (great).

Pilou our resident Frenchman does a lot of translations of 3d software and it so happens he has translated the SimLab manual so your're in luck :) http://www.simlabforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9087

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.5 In reply to 6070.4 
SimLab tested and not approved. See french-forum my brief résumé (FLAMINGO topic), this software is partly translated in French... Pity, it has some qualities, but may be too young.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.6 In reply to 6070.5 
Hi Bard,

I don't know them but there is Luxrender that's free and indigo that have a 145 euros version.

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.7 In reply to 6070.5 
Hi Bard,

> SimLab tested and not approved. See french-forum my brief résumé (FLAMINGO topic), this software is
> partly translated in French... Pity, it has some qualities, but may be too young.

It seems that you're complaining about speed quite a bit? Are you possibly trying to use it on an older machine or do you have a relatively recent machine (like fast quad core, 16GB+ RAM, etc...).

Rendering tends to be quite computationally heavy and so having a recent machine can help with speed issues quite a bit.

> But if one day MoI could propose a 3D rendering like comic (such vector clear line of
> Tintin), which can be exported, it would be interesting, no?

It would definitely be interesting! It's just difficult for me to find the time to implement such things myself. In the future I would like to try to do some built in "non photorealistic" rendering in MoI though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.8 In reply to 6070.7 
Yes, reactivity between mouse clicks, is question of speed. I have a Pentium Dual-Core CPU 2GHz and 4Go RAM under Vista 32bits. Is that will be already an archaic machine? Ohoh my PC is an antiquity... Compare to a quad-Core with 16Go, perhaps? "My tailor is poor".

Yes, renderings more "painting" is fun for Art-designers. If you can have an old (antique) Poser, its renderings was really smart for artists, when all the computers was slow, very slow, and the wages big, very big (an other time); and I imagine that is not too possible to take a part of program already made. Also, in Photoshop ou Painter, to destroy a realistic-photo with thousand effects it's a child's play. But may-be the must will be to make a vector render, as if the image was made in Illustrator after 3 days of work by a graphist; I think to the 3D effect in Illustrator, or better, the good & old "Vector-Effects" of MetaCreation (perspective, light, relief & shadow).

Have good MoI.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.9 In reply to 6070.6 
Hello Marc,

INDIGO, is not a Cucu-dada & NVIDIA card? Same if they say CPU/GPU. I would to test it, but that was impossible to run it on my CPU Dual-Core (of course). I have tested also Luxrender, apparently this program has left me no memory, I go back to see it. Thanks.

Good MoI
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.10 In reply to 6070.8 
Hi Bard,

> I have a Pentium Dual-Core CPU 2GHz and 4Go RAM under Vista 32bits. Is that will be already an archaic machine? <....>

For rendering, yes that's pretty underpowered. These days a 3GZ quad core CPU and more like 8 or 16GB of RAM would be more what you would want if you need to do speedier renderings.

Your dual-core will certainly work, it will just take longer, and if one of your main complaints is the render speed a hardware upgrade would do a lot to improve that particular area.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
@Bard:INDIGO, is not a Cucu-dada & NVIDIA card? Same if they say CPU/GPU. I would to test it, but that was impossible to run it on my CPU Dual-Core (of course)

If you choose an Hybrid renderer(CPU+GPU) you also consider your videocard or,better,two videocards :)
One videocard(cheap)just to navigate and normal Pc use while you render your scene
Second needs only for GPU computation,in CUDA environment(Nvidia), should have al least 1500 Cuda-cores (250€)

Ram is not really involved in rendering process,it needs only to hold the scene but don't speed-up computation at all
so:if you think to don't have heavy scenes to handle(landscapes with lot of trees and objects or lot of polygons) you can do it with min. 4Gb Ram
Cpu....good choice is I7 3930K ..overclockable(K)..6 cores with Hyperthreading become 12..yes:500€+appropriate Mobo but surely you'll don't need to update for many years ;)
Be careful:in Hybrid renderers,but depends by software,scene is holded by videocard,so you must have at least 1Gb Video-Ram

Yes Bard..your hardware is "Ante-diluviano"
Ante(latin)=before
Diluviano(italian)=belongs to The Deluge(The Flood) era
Diluvium(latin)= Flood

in the meanwhile you can use Dinos Lightning plug-in ;)

M
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.12 In reply to 6070.11 
Strata Design 3D CX 7 at normal price: $499.00 is Sale Price: $399.00 during the summer. http://www.strata.com

M-Dynamics

"Yes Bard..your hardware is "Ante-diluviano"
Ante(latin)=before
Diluviano(italian)=belongs to The Deluge(The Flood) era
Diluvium(latin)= Flood

"LATIN" from old-Welsh, or old-Galleg (-6000 BC), LAT, LAD, LADD = benediction, office (business of god); a suite of blah, claptrap + suffix IN = Who abounds in piss, pass; that pettiness, meanness; dry, barren, unfeeling, &c, &c.

DELUGE, from old-Welsh, or old-Galleg (-6000 BC), DI, DY, DYS, DES = Destroyed, ruined, cut, amputee + LLUG = Dark, gloomy, sombre, sad. It's a catastroph, desaster of anything, not only the "flood" as talk in churchy, clerical-books, learnt in school.

You should to look the PIE (Proto-Indo-European tongue -5000 BC = Eurasian or Iapitean language), the Ladin, Ladin, Laddin [ˈleɪzɪn'], or PIG-LATIN, is MACARONEE since the beginning (+7 AD), a jargon, javanais, volapük, DEAD, and never speaks or writes by any peoples on earth, it's just a idiot code between sectarians, casuists, jesuites, mythomaniacs, compulsive liars, swindlers, crooks, or litteraries = clerical, scholarly (school), sect-writers. It's not to be laic well-read or lettry, an Author or Poët = Authority.

And ANTE = PRE, that precedes; AGAINST, NEAR, CLOSE; means also HOLE, HOLLOW + More others meanings, all from Pre-Welsh, Iapites or Gallic tongues.

EDITED: 30 Jul 2013 by BFM

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6070.13 In reply to 6070.12 
:) :) :)

( it was a provocation..i'd like to know your opinion about Latin..i imagined something like that :) )

Good Moi to you,Bard !

M
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6070.14 In reply to 6070.13 
And now you know where is the truth
(Not in wrong dictionaries from Achademe, nor in the books of litteraries).

Good MoI quibbler.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All