Joined curves suggestion.
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
6064.2 In reply to 6064.1 
Just thought a bit and got an idea why you join curves with corner point. I think there can be problems that do not allow curves to follow their direction if they was connect not with corner point.
So may be in the place of join put 2 additional points to preserve curve direction? I know it will not work for precis modelling.

So would be good to see your opinion about that all :)

EDITED: 26 Jul 2013 by ANDREI SAMARDAC

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6064.3 In reply to 6064.1 
Hi Andrei - it's intentional for surfaces built from joined curves to have the same segmentation structure of the curves. That's just what makes things the most predictable, that the surfaces that come from a curve should inherit the same structure as the curve.

If you want the surfaces to behave differently than the curve then you would need to edit the curve to form it how you want.

In the future I do want to make some kind of option within Join for deciding whether to fuse segments together into single longer segments or whether to keep them as independent segments. I'm not exactly sure yet how that will work, it may involve making Join have extra steps in the command which can sometimes be awkward to deal with.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6064.4 In reply to 6064.3 
Good I understood.

-----------------------------------------