Rotating limited

Next
Big mysterium,

I can rotate the object in 3D window only in one direction.

Rudl
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6044.2 In reply to 6044.1 
Hi Rudl, that file was saved by someone who was using Rotation style: "Free rotation" which allows for twisting of the view more freely including tilting the "up" direction around. The setting for that type of rotation is under Options > View > Rotate/Pan/Zoom options > "Rotation style" at the top of the dialog.

If the scene was saved with a tilted view and then you load it with Rotation style: "Rotate around world z axis" (which is the default kind of view rotation), that camera tilt will remain and behave kind of weird.

To clear the tilt, you can go to Options > View > Rotate/Pan/Zoom options > "Rotation style" and set it once to "Free rotation" and then back to "Rotate around world z axis", the tilt angle will be zeroed out when you switch between rotation styles.

Another way to clear it is to go to Options > View > "3D View angles", and on that dialog set the "Tilt angle" field to 0.

Once you do either of those things you should see your more familiar view rotation afterwards.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you Michael,

the someone was me. I did this two years ago and cannot remember why I locked XY-Rotation.

Rudl
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6044.4 In reply to 6044.3 
Hi Rudl, yeah you must have saved that file while you were experimenting with different view rotation styles.

I've thought before about clearing the tilt when loading a file, but that would mean you would not necessarily be able to send someone a file and know that they were looking at the same view of the model as what you see when you load the file. That could lead to some possible confusion, like they say "look at this thing at the top of the screen", but your view has a different tilt rotation than theirs...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All