How can I make the surface follow the spline when the surface was done previously with a spline?

Next
The surface does not follow the modified spline. How can I archive this? Check out the picture.

I would lilke the surface to follow the spline. Somhow I can't get it to work?

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

PL

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6043.2 In reply to 6043.1 
Surface will follow your curve only if you rebuild it with sweep or loft.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6043.3 In reply to 6043.2 
I understand and will do. Thank you very much.

Regards

PL
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6043.4 In reply to 6043.1 
Hi PL, if you're still stuck can you also please post a 3DM file with those curves and your current surface result in it instead of only a screenshot?

It helps a lot to answer questions if we're able to analyze the actual geometry and look at it from different angles, zoom in and out, etc... none of which can be done with just a static screenshot.

If your question is about a specific command like sweep it helps if your 3DM file contains only the geometry pertinent to making that specific part of the model and not any other pieces of the model that are not related to your specific question.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6043.5 In reply to 6043.1 
Hi PL, also from what I can guess from the file name of the image you attached, you're trying to edit the curve and then update the surface that was built from it?

MoI does have a history update mechanism that will allow you to do that, but it's limited in several ways and the biggest limitation is that the "history chain" will not persist through certain operations like doing trims or booleans.

So if you do a sweep and then right after you have finished that sweep before you do any booleans you can edit the curves that were used for the sweep and the sweep will update. Once your sweep is booleaned to other objects you will then lose this ability to do a history update of it.

In the future I want to improve the history mechanism to make it possible to have a deeper history update function that will persist across different kinds of edits, but it's a lot of work to make that work well. For now if you have done other kinds of edits to the sweep you just have to delete the sweep and make a brand new one using your newly edited curve.

Also sometimes the Transform > Deform > Flow command can be useful for taking a flat object and making it follow a curve, that's a different way to adjust something to follow a curve... If I could see your 3DM file it would probably help me to understand better what you are trying to do and then be able to give you some better feedback.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6043.6 In reply to 6043.5 
>In the future I want to improve the history mechanism to make it possible to have a deeper history update function that will persist across different kinds of edits

Will be great)

-----------------------------------------
Portfolio: www.samardac.tumblr.com
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All