method for miter
All  1-9  10-11

Previous
Next
6038.10 In reply to 6038.1 
Hi Rudl, and here's an example for how it would look in junctures between multiple surfaces, see the attached 3DM file.

Here I used the above technique to generate "extended plane intersection lines" between each adjacent pair of surfaces and then trimmed those lines with each other to get this kind of structure:

Then I used Trim on the surfaces using these boundary lines as the cutting objects to cut away the excess parts. That gives a result like this:

Now there is some fill in work to do as well but since you now have a good common boundary line it should not be difficult to build in some little fill in plane pieces in the empty space areas.

One thing to note that typically when you have multiple offset planes all at different angles some areas of the inside place will not come to just one single vertex for every exterior vertex but will actually have some areas where the exterior vertex bifurcates into multiple vertices on the interior that are connected by lines to one another. That's like this area here:

That's basically just how offset geometry works... Things that are all at different angles to one another when offset don't necessarily come to just one single point in the intersection of all offsets...

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Thank you for your help. I will look at this later in the day.

Two shots, how the whole thing looks.

Rudl
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-9  10-11