Customize my Moi3d software
 1-20  21-29

Next
Yesterday I found on forum posts,how to change the color of my active line in viewport.Also I decide it to change my background.After that I entered in to moiv3 beta ui file and openned moi css document.I learned several years ago HTML and CSS coding,so I knew what is safe to change,and what I should not touch.Here is my result.I changed mostly the colors and border radius.When I'v found gradient code,I copied everywhere I could,and changed colors of the gradient stops.I tried to create something modern and attractive,but visible to me.I'm not sure about gradient look of my command containers,but if I find it
very distractive I will put single color,maybe gray.Enjoy I hope you like it.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Cool :)
Maybe the 3 Snap Buttons at bottom screen are not very readable ?
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.3 In reply to 6020.2 
Thanx Pilou for your nice comments.I'm glad you like it.Yes I know about 3 snaps buttons,I will keep finding where are the codes for those buttons.There are also some minor mistakes,I have to change because the main text color.I made that mistakes early in the morning,when I was sleepy.I will try to use this dark UI for work,and see if it is useful for me.I will continue experimenting and will see which elements distracts me most during my work.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.4 In reply to 6020.3 
Hi nikola, that's really cool that you were able to customize it and just have fun messing with the UI!

Did you have to edit anything else other than moi.css ? Could you maybe post your moi.css file as an attachment here in case others like your UI and want to use it too?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.5 In reply to 6020.4 
Please do post your moi.css file. I like how your UI looks.

Easy on the eyes while also making the modeling space very clear to see.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.6 In reply to 6020.4 
Thanx Michael I'm glad you like it.Moi3d deserves new look,cause it is awesome and powerful nurbs software.I will post my css file for others when I clear some problems I have with some minor details.I worked till morning on UI customization,so I made some mistakes which must be fixed.
With your promission I can create a small tutorial for the community members on how to create their own customizations.I entered about 100 times maybe more in moi3d,to see the results.It is hard work you are giving in to this software.I know how it is hard, cause several years ago I tried to learn HTML and CSS to create websites.I tried to memorized the codes,but then I had headaches and I realized I'm more creative person not a programmer and I must follow my passion for industrial and automotive design.Then where is c++,delphi,php and other much heavier programming languages.I know other members post their wishes for new tools in moi3d,and I'm hesitate it cause you are very busy.I'm just wondering when there will be surface match tool in moi3d.That is my only wish,with existing tools I learned to improvise,and to put more pressure on my brain to solve the problems.It is pretty fun often,to work like that.Thanx in advance for your answer.

Best Regards from Nikola
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.7 In reply to 6020.5 
I promise I will post it as soon as I fix some mistakes I made.Maybe I will also made it with orange buttons in spare time.That combination would be also nice fit with dark shades.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.8 In reply to 6020.6 
Hi Nikola,

> With your promission I can create a small tutorial for the community members on
> how to create their own customizations.

Certainly, that would be great!

> I'm just wondering when there will be surface match tool in moi3d.

I don't really know myself yet. One problem is that I'm not sure that it will be feasible to combine it as a different mode or something in an already existing tool. Things that require totally new tools need a lot of thought for where to place them in the UI.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.9 In reply to 6020.8 
<I don't really know myself yet. One problem is that I'm not sure that it will be feasible to combine it as a different mode or something in an already existing tool. Things that require totally new tools need a lot of thought for where to place them in the UI.

My suggestion would be to place surface match with blend tool when you develop it.Also it could be useful as script to call it with shortcut.Thanx for your reply,I really appreciate your effort.

Now I will continue to customize my moi UI.As soon as I find it everything pleasing to the eyes I will post it on forum.After that I will create a small tutorial for other members who wish to customize their moi.

Best Regards from Nikola
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.10 In reply to 6020.9 
Hi Nikola,

> My suggestion would be to place surface match with blend tool when you develop it

You mean next to the Blend tool or as a different mode inside blend?

One problem with that is the current way the UI is organized, the "Construct" tools (where Blend is) are basically tools that generate new objects. Match surface is sort of more like editing an surface rather than constructing a new one.

It may be something that I'll end up putting on some kind of "advanced edit tools" type secondary menu rather than directly in the side pane...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.11 In reply to 6020.10 
Hi Michael,

For me blend tool in moi is the best tool for gluing surface,so that is why I thought it would be nice surface match to be next to the blend,but also it could be in new section as you suggested.For me it is important that it will be implemented some day and I'm looking forward to it.

Here is my progress with moi UI customization.I can't find some elements,but I will be persistent and will focus on it.

EDITED: 10 Jul 2013 by ZENOX3D

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.12 In reply to 6020.11 
Hi Nikola, those buttons at the bottom of the Options dialog are <moi:PushButton> elements, in moi.css search for PushButton to find the section that has their styling in it. The push button element is a templated element which means it expands to have some additional HTML tags inside of it, the inside HTML is defined by the file PushButton.htm that's in the same ui folder as moi.css . It basically just has a nested div element inside of it that has the border decorations on the nested div, so it's a little easier to have some padding around the border.

If you want to adjust the text color of those elements, go to the moi\:PushButton { } rule in moi.css and inside that rule add a color: property like color:black; to set a different text color for push buttons.

Hope this helps!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I also customized my UI, basically by desaturating everything :p

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.14 In reply to 6020.12 
Hi Michael,

Thanx for your help I found and changed it.Here is my suggestion for that buttons.What do you think?Or maybe I should continue with bluish and gray shades.
It looks nice and it is visible to the viewer.I will keep experimenting with colors.Maybe I will try with gray gradient shades.Thanx again for you quick reply.

Best Regards from Nikola

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael... now if we could place a bitmap in the background, my MoI would take on a campy but oh so 'coool' theme.

;-)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.16 In reply to 6020.14 
Hi nikola,

> Thanx for your help I found and changed it.Here is my suggestion for that buttons.What do you think?
> Or maybe I should continue with bluish and gray shades.

It kind of looks a bit like one of the video games I used to play on my Commodore 64 a million years ago... :) You should just go with whatever you like best!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.17 In reply to 6020.15 
Hi Mike,

> Michael... now if we could place a bitmap in the background, my MoI would take on a campy but oh so 'coool' theme.

You can do that - copy your image into the \ui folder, then you can apply it as a background image to any element by using this css:

code:
background-image:url(moi://ui/icee-964891.jpg);

So for example inside of Options.htm right before the end of the <style></style> section, put in:

code:
     <html>
          <head>
                <style>

body {
				background-image:url(moi://ui/icee-964891.jpg);
			}
                </style>

And that will make an options dialog that looks like this:

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.18 In reply to 6020.17 
Oh... The wheels are a turnin'! =-)

Thanks. I might first try a textured pattern to give the UI a tactile feel.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6020.19 In reply to 6020.1 
Hello,

Here is the latest screenshot of my customized moi UI.It's almost morning,and I will now go to sleep before I create some mess in my customizing.I hope you like it.

Regards from Nikola

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Quite attractive!