align points

Next
Hallo Michael,
Is it any way to align selected points along selected curve?

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6005.2 In reply to 6005.1 
Hi mir4ea, you can project a single point object (one drawn with Draw curve > More > Point) onto a curve by using Construct > Curve > Project with Mode = "Closest pt".

But that does not work on surface control points currently, only individual point objects. I'll add it to my "todo" list to try and get that working for control points as well.

If you use copy and paste on the control point selection (do Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V), it will copy those as point object and then you can project those, that will at least give you some target points that you can then snap on to when dragging the edit points over.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6005.3 In reply to 6005.2 
MM nether know about project point on to curve)
I did a bit simpler a draw ellipse and snap all points to it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
I think trying to align a lot of control points that make up a surface to a predetermined circular are may be more trouble than it's worth.

It might be easier to reconstruct the surface using a network where the circle is already represented.

But once a surface exists already, the need to get points to line up like that may be a sign that you desire the surface to be more consistent.

I know that Rhino has the ability to "relax" points along a curve or surface, or is it called "averaging", when the selected points seem to align along some kind of logical alignment as if it was a strand of hair or rubber band and all the points would soften their positions to line up less erratically... kinda like a Jheri Curl for points!

That's probably way down the development list for sure... right before the 'Sooooul Glow' tool! ;-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All