Camera Position

Next
Hi Michael,

MoI has a dialog to set the "Up down angle", "Left right angle", "Tilt angle" and "Field of view".

Is there a way to set the X, Y, and Z position by number , which I'm assuming are part of the 'pan' and 'zoom' functions?

I was trying to export different related graphic elements and realized that there was no way to set a fixed position exactly like I can for the tilts.
This matters more when using a higher FOV.

Does anyone yet have a script similar to the Lighting Options script by Dino that would allow you to save and recall camera attributes?

Mike
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5981.2 In reply to 5981.1 
Hi Mike, it is possible to get and set the camera x,y,z position by script.

Here's a script that will copy the camera and target points as text to the clipboard, you can then paste that into a text editor:

script:var v = moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel.getViewport('3D'); moi.copyTextToClipboard( 'Camera=' + v.cameraPt.toString() + '\r\nTarget=' + v.targetPt.toString() );

Here's one that will set the camera point to a specific value:

script:var v = moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel.getViewport('3D'); v.cameraPt = moi.vectorMath.createPoint(50.2, 30.5, 10.1);

Also check out this previous thread for some related view saving/restoring stuff:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2891.7

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
This is great Michael!

I used the scripts at the link. Works like a charm.

Now if only Dino could write a permanent drop-down options dialog script to store named views... but let's not be too greedy. ;-)

Thanks!

Mike
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All