Copy enhancements
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
5976.3 In reply to 5976.1 
Hi Ed, like Pilou mentions there's already a specific array tool for making linear arrays...

It has some UI controls for various modes, you give it the number of elements to make in the array and you can then either pick an offset between each item (the default mode labeled Mode: "Offset, Count"), which I think is the same as the *x mode you're asking for, or you can switch it to Mode: Extent, Count where the points you use are the full extent instead of an offset, I think the same as the /x mode you're asking about. Then there's also a 3rd mode called "Offset, Extent", where you give it 2 distances and it figure out the number of items to make instead of giving it the number of items.

Check out here for a demo of the different modes:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1774.22

I think that does everything you're asking about and with additional functionality as well (for the 3rd mode where you put in 2 distances and the item count is done for you).

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you for the explanation. I've used those functions and they work really great but this is an easier way to get there because it is inside a frequently used command and you need less clicks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5976.5 In reply to 5976.4 
Hi ed, the problem is that if implemented the way you are describing it would be very hidden since there would be no visible UI to activate those particular features. And since the array dir command already does exactly the same job it just doesn't really seem to be necessary to add in a duplicate place like that...

On top of that it's actually more difficult to add it in the way you are describing than what you might think, because the Transform > Copy command does not itself have any already existing input field of its own for entering that optional * or / text, it would have to try and hook into the x,y,z coordinate entry box or something like that I guess, there is not anything set up for that currently.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thats true, thank you for your patience!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6