Render to clipboard how to do it
All  1-2  3-7

Previous
Next
5974.3 In reply to 5974.1 
Hi Nikola, maybe there's some bug in GIMP that makes it think the image is transparent when it really isn't.

Try pasting it in using the Windows paintbrush app that comes built in to windows, you can run that from the Start menu by typing in pbrush or also find it under Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.

Does it paste in ok there instead?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5974.4 In reply to 5974.3 
Thanx Michael script works when I paste it in to paint software built in windows.Gimp has a BUG obviously.Also i found msw screen capture tool where I can put range in pixels and capture it from moi3d.Thanx for your quick solution.Now I can normally prepare image previews,and not to squeeze it in image software.

Best Regards from Nikola
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5974.5 In reply to 5974.4 
Hi Nikola, it definitely sounds like a bug in GIMP. If you want to report the bug, here's a description that you can send:

Bug in Pasting in CF_DIB format from the clipboard.

With a CF_DIB in the clipboard, that has biCompression of BI_RGB, the pixel values are not being read correctly, GIMP is incorrectly using the high byte of each pixel as an alpha value.

According to the documentation here (for BITMAPINFOHEADER): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd183376%28v=vs.85%29.aspx, for a 32-bit image using BI_RGB:

"If the biCompression member of the BITMAPINFOHEADER is BI_RGB, the bmiColors member of BITMAPINFO is NULL. Each DWORD in the bitmap array represents the relative intensities of blue, green, and red for a pixel. The value for blue is in the least significant 8 bits, followed by 8 bits each for green and red. The high byte in each DWORD is not used."

The problem is that Gimp is using the high byte as an alpha value when in this particular case it should be ignored and treated only as opaque alpha.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5974.6 In reply to 5974.5 
That is curious that bug was not yet found with millions of Gimp users ?
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5974.7 In reply to 5974.5 
Thanx a lot Michael for your help and for your detailed explanations of my problem.

Best Regards from Nikola
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-7