Supercar quick 3d model in moi3d

Next
Hi,

Today I tried to recreate a supercar concept I made with blender3d before.You can see on link below my turntable video of exona concept if you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9An6DFtSQ

I made very quick 3d model not precise,something like ideation 3d model made in moi3d.For the modeling I'v been using mostly sweep tool and sometimes network and loft.I started to work this today and played for about 3 hours.I made car rims before this car model,and I don't like it,so next time I will put better rims.I'm just warming up for more refined 3d model.I'v been watching lately some nice tutorials about car creating in rhino and other nurbs softwares.I hope you like it.If you have any suggestions or ideas on how to model my design please let me know.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5957.2 In reply to 5957.1 
Hi nikola, great job, especially for only 3 hours of work!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
That's slick Nikola!

You've just proved MoI's worth as a great quick conceptualization tool.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5957.4 In reply to 5957.2 
Thanx Michael for nice feedbacks.As I mentioned in my post,at first I followed my image reference,it was slow progress for me so I decide it to create separate file.Then I let it my mind create freely without sense for precision.I just focused on design and played with tools with trials and errors,and see what will come out of it.The main aim of this practice was to see,how I will create a real supercar concept for my client.They need from me to build it in 3dm or igs format,so I will give my best and build it with moi3d.Right now I'm watching some tutorials and modeling technics here on forum,to speed up my workflow,and I found nice tips and tricks.Until now I just tried to create some car models,but never finish it.Mostly focused on mobile phone devices and other more simplier products.This supercar project will be a huge challenge for me,and my big chance to design my own supercar.Automotive design passion is the main reason why I invested in moi3d,sketchbook pro and graphic tablet.As soon as I come up with some interesting ideas,I will post it on this forum.On link below there are some simple car toys I made with moi3d.

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=667137

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=651919
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5957.5 In reply to 5957.3 
Thanx Mike for nice comments.While I modeled my concept in moi3d,I'v been watching how everything develops.It was slow.Then I decide it to duplicate my file and to create more loosy 3d model,focusing more on design and less on precision.Also I randomly pressed curves and tried to combine different tools like loft,sweep and network and observed if something will create nice form.This conceptualization experiment gave me wings and strong will to continue my project with more confidence.Tomorrow maybe I will try to experiment with something different and I will see what will come out of it.Just warming up for now.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All