deselect objects with certain name
All  1-11  12-15

Previous
Next
5950.12 In reply to 5950.10 
Hi mir4ea, thanks, I'm glad that you like the simplification work that's been done for MoI!

I'm really familiar with the ways that things can be awkward in Rhino, since I'm the one that started Rhino many of the issues in it are my fault to begin with and early on with MoI I really focused on improvements in some fundamental areas, especially snapping and selection.

And yeah the sort of overall "structural philosophy" is very different between Rhino and MoI - in Rhino I tried to make each individual command to be more narrowly focused on a specific thing and more simple itself, which does lead to a certain kind of simplicity at the individual command level but the end result is a huge number of different commands which becomes difficult to manage in various ways, just too much stuff to sort through at too high a level in the UI. In MoI I've got a big focus on instead having a smaller number of more powerful individual commands that do different things depending on what is selected. There is kind of a tradeoff with this because it means some things are more hidden initially but that also gives a kind of more natural ramp up path where you can get more things done with the same UI as you get more advanced and familiar with things.

It was also a big priority to have a more modern type of UI that had real dialog controls for options rather than a totally text-oriented command line type UI like Rhino has, which is really unfamiliar to a lot of people these days. The command-line type interface can also be a real hindrance in certain ways because it only allows for sort of one input field at any time, like in MoI when you're drawing a rectangle you have both a "width" and a "height" field showing at the same time both of which update while your drawing.

The Rhino UI is based on AutoCAD and does work really well for people who have an extensive AutoCAD background. It's pretty weird for people who have never used AutoCAD before though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5950.13 In reply to 5950.11 
> One thing I'd like to see in Moi is Blend command with the same functionality as in Rhino.

It's still on my target list for v3.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5950.14 In reply to 5950.12 
<< many of the issues in it are my fault
You were very young at this date! :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5950.15 In reply to 5950.14 
<<You were very young at this date!

...mistakes of youth....but now we can say he's grown up very well ! :-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-11  12-15