which view?

Next
I'm new

Which view do I draw on to save and use to create g-code - 2D. Top view?

I created a drawing in 3D with the item(s) i want to cut are in the right view. Can they be moved to another view to cut from?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree. (maybe there is no tree)

Marv
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
5945.2 In reply to 5945.1 
Hi Marv, MoI does not itself directly create g-code, that is done by a CAM program that can read in the geometry that MoI creates and then create toolpath instructions from the geometry. So it really depends on what your CAM program is expecting to receive, but yes probably for 2D toolpaths you would want to do that in the Top view.

If you have already drawn something in the Right-side view and you wan to put it flat on to the Top view instead, there is a tool for doing that kind of remapping under Transform > Orient > View to View.

To do that, select the objects that you want to move, then run Transform > Orient > View to view. The first prompt will say "Click in source" view - here you want to click your mouse inside the view you want to move from so in your case here that means click in the right view (just click anywhere inside of it, the specific location doesn't matter). Then after you do that click the second prompt will say "Click in target view" - now click in the Top view.

That will then transform your curves from being flat in the Front view to instead be flat in the Top view. You can also get the job done by doing rotations as well but the orient view to view tool is convenient for doing this kind of transform.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All