Loft, sweep, network

Next
1. Hay Michael tell me pleas why diffrent methods produce diffrent points? What is the best method to produce this surface and why? Is the count of point affect the performance of PC? Just whant to know some more about surface structure.

2. Why when I make surface from rectangle or any other curve points look like this? And when I made from plane point look where it should be?

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5917.2 In reply to 5917.1 
Before Michael's answer maybe some explanations about the question 2
http://moi3d.com/wiki/FAQ
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5917.3 In reply to 5917.1 
Hi mir4ea,

> 1. Hay Michael tell me pleas why diffrent methods produce diffrent points?

Each of those commands uses a different technique to construct it's resulting surface, and the different techniques yield different control point structures in the result.

For example sweep goes through a refinement process where it basically assumes the profile is following a wiggly path and it goes through a iterative refinement process putting in several profile sections and testing the results until it is accurate enough.

The most efficient way to make a straight shape like you've got there is with the Extrude tool, it's the one that is specifically focused on making straight things, sweep is meant to be used for shapes that are not straight in any one direction, more like bendy tubes and things like that.

> Is the count of point affect the performance of PC?

Yes, it can if you have a whole lot of them - it does take more memory to hold the denser ones and more time to display it as well.

> 2. Why when I make surface from rectangle or any other curve points look like this? And when I
> made from plane point look where it should be?

Again it's just different construction techniques being used between the different commands - the Construct > Planar tool builds a trimmed plane from any kind of 2D shape it doesn't have to be a plane, it internally builds a large flat plane and then the 2D shape is formed by trimming that plane. A rectangle goes through the same process as any other 2D outline. The Draw rectangle command is only for constructing a rectangle specifically and makes one that has the exact "underlying surface" as that exact same rectangle as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5917.4 In reply to 5917.3 
Thanx, I understood
  Reply Reply More Options