MOI on OS X issues

Next
Hello Michael,

I noticed that the OS X port sometimes seems to have some issues with the Wine X-11 system below.

Currently I cannot launch MOI at all. The icon jumps and then stops. Below is a copy of the console log.

May 16 11:25:48 iMac com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[274] ([0x0-0xcd0cd].564072985381841038.wineskin.prefs[1290]): Exited with code: 1
May 16 11:25:54 iMac.local WineskinLauncher[1292]: Unable to find class: X11Application, exiting

Any tip what I could do to fix this?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5890.2 In reply to 5890.1 
This may not have anything to do with what you're experiencing, but you could see if it helps:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5858.1

Michael Cramblet
Packaging Design
Phone: 616-574-6271

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5890.3 In reply to 5890.2 
Hey

thank you for the tip, but the problem still remains.
I had some other application not found X11 error message windows before but now nothing appears anymore.

I downloaded the current beta 3 version and after granting X11 the network access on my iMac it took some
loading time but then Moi v3 beta started.

Not sure if this somehow can help identifying what the problem could be with the v2 version.

EDITED: 16 May 2013 by CEKUHNEN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5890.4 In reply to 5890.1 
Hi Claas, you mention granting access - do you have any unusual set of file or folder permissions set on your machine? Are you running any kind of low level system utility like a virus checker possibly?

One thing you can try is to install the latest X11 from here: http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/ if that current XQuartz release will launch ok for you, then try setting MoI v2 to use the system XQuartz and see if that helps anything. You can reach the setting for that by right-clicking on the MoI .app and pick "Show package contents". Then inside there run Wineskin.app, and click the "Advanced" button and go to the "Options" tab, and then the settings to mess with are the bottom 2 checkboxes on that page - uncheck the "use wrapper's quartz-wm" one and check the "use system Xquartz" and see if that makes any difference.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5890.5 In reply to 5890.4 
Hi Michael,

no I have no utility or any other type running - just a single user account is on the iMac.

So I went into the settings changed it closed the app, left the package and started MOI.
But it did not start.

I noticed however that when I am inside the Wine Advanced setting and click test-run
each setting works.

EDIT: this is really odd. I quite the X11 Quartz and Wine app and noticed MOI was still running.
I quite and and restarted and tada it starts ?!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5890.6 In reply to 5890.5 
Hi Claas, so does it continue to run ok for you now?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5890.7 In reply to 5890.6 
Hi Michael

after resetting the settings few times and starting and closing the Wine config file it started to work fine now.

So it seems it was somewhat related to what you suggested. However it runs with quartz-wm wrapper as well again.

Claas
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All