demo version of V3?
All  1-3  4-8

Previous
Next
5886.4 In reply to 5886.3 
Hi yolao, unfortunately it's difficult for me to do public betas because I usually have a beta going all the time and if they were all public betas that would mean there would always be a free version available to use which is something of a de-motivator for actually purchasing it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5886.5 In reply to 5886.3 
Hi Yolao ...

As a user if MoI i would highly recommend purchasing V2. All V2 owners can then use the V3 betas as they come out. I have never had a problem with any of the MoI betas and begin using them as soon as they are released to be sure I have Michael`s most resent improvements.

It is a great modeling program ... I use it in preference to the other modeling software I have.

cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Yes, i know what you mean Michael. Some betas are full functional and some other have restrictions like non saving exporting options etc. but that, as you say, will take time to prepare, time that can be use for more development.

Hey Eric. I come from a polygon background, and i`m new to Nurbs. So i will continue testing out MOI, and see what Nurbs and MOI can offer in different situations for hard surface stuff. So far MOI has prove to be very intuitive and powerful tool, so i will definitively consider to buy v2 before v3 comes out and get access to the beta.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5886.7 In reply to 5886.6 
Hi yolao, check out here for some links to discussions and general tips for people who are coming from a sub-d / poly modeling background:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4865.2

The overall process of NURBS modeling is very different than polygon modeling and so sometimes it can take some practice for people with a polygon modeling background to not try to only use polygon modeling techniques while trying to do NURBS modeling. One of the biggest differences is that you should try to use booleans as a primary way of working and most of your model should be driven by 2D profile curves rather than by pushing 3D point cages around.

For the right type of model the NURBS modeling process can generate stuff really quickly and at the same time more accurately as well (things like drilling a hole of a specific radius becomes very simple), so it does make for a nice companion to sub-d modeling. You still want to do sub-d modeling for more organic type shapes with kind of sculpted-like details in them, basically something like a face for example does not have its shape defined very well only by 2D profile curves and that kind of stuff tends to be more of a fit for sub-d modeling techniques instead.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5886.8 In reply to 5886.7 
Thanks Michael, great info and nice resource and tutorials on the link. Will check them out.

Cheers
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-8