64 bit version question
All  1-9  10-16

Previous
Next
5885.10 In reply to 5885.9 
Hi mir4ea,

> But when you unhide all the unhiden objects will be with hiden edges
> or only that that was with hiden edges?

I'll see if I can make it just the ones that had hidden edges to keep them hidden.

> Offtop..
> How do you quote posts?

I just copy/paste the original post and type in > characters. For a large block of text you can also put in <quote> xxx </quote> that will make an indented section in your post like this:

quote:
This is stuff surrounded by quote tags

> Where are you from?

Seattle, USA.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5885.11 In reply to 5885.7 
Hi mir4ea, here's the first script:

script: /* Show edges on selected objects, hide edges on all others */ var breps = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getBreps(); for ( var i = 0; i < breps.length; ++i ) { var brep = breps.item(i); brep.getEdges().setProperty( 'hidden', !brep.selected ); }

If you set this script on a shortcut key, when it is triggered it will make all edges of the selected objects to be shown, and all edges on unselected objects to be hidden. So it's kind of like "activate edges on selected objects, deactivate others".

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5885.12 In reply to 5885.9 
Hi mir4ea, here's the second script:

script: /* Replacement for Edit > Hide - on "unhide" this will only show the parent object and not all its edges */ var gd = moi.geometryDatabase; if ( gd.getSelectedObjects().length != 0 ) { gd.hide(); } else { var objs = gd.getObjects(); for ( var i = 0; i < objs.length; ++i ) { var obj = objs.item(i); if ( obj.hidden ) { obj.hidden = false; obj.selected = true; } } }

This one can be used as a replacement for Edit > Hide. If something is selected it will hide it the same as how Edit > Hide works. If nothing is selected, it will do an "unhide" but unlike the regular unhide this version will not modify edges so if any edges were hidden when the full object was hidden, with this unhide those edges will remain hidden when the main object is shown again.

So you can use this instead of the regular Edit > Hide button and it should hopefully not cause as much problems with the edge visibility coming back.

Hope these help!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5885.13 In reply to 5885.12 
Thanx a lot Michael, very usefull scripts.
Thay will help a lot people who work with big projects.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 5885.14 deleted 16 May 2013 by ANDREI SAMARDAC

Previous
Next
5885.15 In reply to 5885.13 
Hay Michael, Is it possible to make edges appear only when the object is active? Some plugin or script?
I just saw this video with CREO tutorial looks like it has this feature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEOHc5rSLS4
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5885.16 In reply to 5885.15 
Hi mir4ea, there isn't really any way to do that currently - right now you can set up scripts that are triggered to run when you push a shortcut key. The kind of script that you're talking about would not run when you push a key but rather try to hook into object activation in some way, there is not currently anything set up for scripts to hook into things in that way.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-9  10-16