Selecting centers
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
5820.2 In reply to 5820.1 
Hi Mike make sure you have "Object Snap" enabled in the bottom toolbar, when it is turned on (highlighted in orange), you will get snap points on objects that have a center point as part of their definition like a circle or a plane. With that enabled, you then use the Transform > Move command to move from one center point to the other, like this:

Notice in the video above that when you have object snaps enabled, there is "Cen" snap available on the circle and on the plane and when you move the mouse nearby it, it activates and grabs onto that particular point.

Some other kinds of objects like some generic squiggly curve do not have a center object snap since they don't really have the same kind of precise center to them, but you can find the center of the bounding box around such objects by using the BoundingBoxCenter command: http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference10.htm#boundingboxcenter - that will generate a point object at the center of the selected object's bounding box and then that point can be used as a snap target.

Also in the v3 beta the Move command has a new button "Bounding box center" that you can push on the "Pick base point" stage, when you push it it will take the center of the selected object's bounding box as the base point for the move.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
FOr any form of plans
You can also use the Helpers Lines who give middle or some other fractionnal points! ;)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thank you Michael.

I learned some Nurbs modeling using AmapiPro. In Amapi you select the object hold down the shift key (as I remember) drag over other object and it snaps accordingly to preset snaps like center. Your way works fine for me too.

Thanks!

Great app and tremendous customer service.

Mike
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4