Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
579.5 In reply to 579.3 
Sweep would also work - you can almost think of extrude as being a special kind of sweep along a line.

But for sweep you have to draw an extra line - extrude does the job with fewer steps because you don't have to draw the line for the path like you would in sweep.

Often times there are many different possible ways to create a particular shape. Like another totally different way for your half cylinder would be to use Draw solid / Cylinder to create a full cylinder, then draw a line in the front or side view and use Construct / Boolean / Difference to slice the cylinder in half with the line and throw away the bottom half...

But some commands are optimized for making certain shapes with fewer steps, like extrude is efficient for doing things that have a straight line path in them.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
579.6 In reply to 579.5 
Got it.
Thank you. I am so glad Michael, but I do not want you to spend much time with me.
You have more important things to do and in the end, there are other willing as well to teach me.
Regards

Rudy
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
579.7 In reply to 579.6 
Hi Rudy, don't worry it doesn't take me very much time to help you, just a couple of minutes.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-7