V3 beta Mar-17-2013 available now
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-71

Previous
Next
5774.61 In reply to 5774.60 
Hi Gaston, it was never really needed, it was really started just to help one person in particular who did not know how to copy files with Windows Explorer.

All you really need to do is copy the entire contents of the \commands sub-folder from the previous beta into the new beta's \commands folder and say "no" to overwriting any files, that will do the exact same job as that script copier utility.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5774.62 In reply to 5774.61 
Thanks Michael, that clears it up :)
Gaston
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5774.63 In reply to 5774.1 
Hi Michael,

A little bug. In the menu bar the icon of N-Sided is lost.
You can fix it ?

And ... One more thing.
The final 3.0 version, when?

Many thanks,
Centropolis
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5774.64 In reply to 5774.63 
Hi Centropolis, yes I haven't had a chance yet to make the icon for N-sided, I will definitely be making one for it before the final v3 release.

> The final 3.0 version, when?

I don't have any specific date set yet. I would like to have it out before summer is over but I'm not sure yet if that will happen or not.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5774.65 In reply to 5774.63 
I made this one for myself, although it does loose it's descriptivness when in the UI. But I like to have a picture to mentally/automatically go to.

If you want to use it, or any other, put this in the icons folder, then edit the sidepane.htm file on this line to contain the name of the png image.

<moi:CommandButton icon="icons/Nsided.png" command="nsided"><moi:Text textid="Nsided"></moi:CommandButton>
Image Attachments:
Size: 112.8 KB, Downloaded: 79 times, Dimensions: 557x587px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5774.66 In reply to 5774.65 
New Icon installed... It could be a bit hard for some users...Previous experience installing construction line helps.
I also had to give myself permission to copy to the two subdirectories, ui and icons, by right clicking on them,
properties, security, edit, select my user account, and check permission box.

Good until the next beta...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I've just updated to this version and the mouse wheel no longer zooms in and out on any view. I'm running Mac OS 10.7.5 with a bluetooth magic mouse that works fine in all other applications. Any ideas? Also is it possible to have an user script folder not located inside the wine binary folder on Mac? This way my scripts will remain when I update versions, at the moment I have to go through the wine binary resources cdrive folder and copy out scripts and put them in the new binaries folder.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5774.68 In reply to 5774.67 
Hi Andrew, yeah there is a problem with the magic mouse wheel gesture in this version that's a side effect from the new multi-touch view handling.

I think I have a fix for that though, try updating your existing moi_touch.dylib file with the new version attached to this message, you need to right-click on the MoI app, then go into /drive_c/moi , that's where you'll find the previous version. Maybe rename the existing version something like moi_touch_old.dylib so you can restore it if the new one does not work right.

But hopefully with the new one in place it should fix that scrolling problem, please let me know if it does not.

The issue happened because the magic mouse is sort of a "semi"-multitouch device, where doing a scrolling gesture does something like sends out a message that a multitouch gesture is beginning but then says that no fingers are actually being used for the gesture, something a bit odd along those lines that I was not expecting to see.

> Also is it possible to have an user script folder not located inside the
> wine binary folder on Mac? This way my scripts will remain when I update
> versions, at the moment I have to go through the wine binary resources cdrive
> folder and copy out scripts and put them in the new binaries folder.

I do eventually want to make a script folder that could be in some central location, but there are some additional details to work out for doing that, like should they have version numbers of the minimum supported MoI version that is required for the script to run... So anyway there is some planning work to be done for making that happen. So far it has just not been a high priority to do that work yet because that file copying step going into the binary resources cdrive only takes something like 30 seconds to do and you only need to do it once for a new build. So it's an annoyance but such a low level and infrequent one that it just is easy for now to live with.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5774.69 In reply to 5774.67 
Also re: magic mouse scrolling, I just remembered there was another discussion thread on that here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5775.1

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5774.70 In reply to 5774.68 
The attached moi_touch.dylib works perfectly thankyou!

As for the scripts, I don't even mind if it's not a central location, even a sub folder of the commands folder is fine, or perhaps a folder next to it called user-commands, just anything to group them so I can easily tell which ones I've added and be able to remove them again easily if I run into trouble.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5774.71 In reply to 5774.70 
Hi Andrew, that's great news that the scrolling issue is fixed!

> As for the scripts, I don't even mind if it's not a central location, even a sub folder of the
> commands folder is fine, or perhaps a folder next to it called user-commands, just anything
> to group them so I can easily tell which ones I've added and be able to remove them again
> easily if I run into trouble.

If you like you can just make a folder next to it called user-commands yourself using Finder, and put any commands that you install into there as well as the regular commands folder as a way to keep track of what you've added. MoI will not automatically run the commands in the added folder but just having them listed in one place should do the "keeping track" part...

There is not normally any reason to remove commands, they do not run automatically or anything like that, they only run when you specifically trigger them by a shortcut key or by typing in the command name. Some kinds of plug-in systems for other programs are set up in ways that the plug-ins can hook into the system at a pretty low level and mess things up if they're buggy but MoI's plug-in commands are not set up to do stuff like that at least not yet.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-71