Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5768.6 In reply to 5768.5 
Hi Shapenoid,

if you don't give your objects a name and (leave it as unnamed) assign your styles then it should work.

Regards
Stefan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5768.7 In reply to 5768.5 
Hi Desudeus, I kind of vaguely remember that Cinema4D may automatically combine same named things itself at import time... If that's the case then maybe there is an option in the C4D importer to control that import behavior or you might try using the Riptide OBJ importer instead and see if it behaves differently.

You can verify that the OBJ file itself actually has 2 separate objects by opening it in a text editor and looking for the line that has the object name, it will be like this:

o test

If you export from MoI with "Combine same named objects" turned on, then there should be only one of those tags in the file since there will be one object. If you turn it off you should find 2 of those tags in there, one at the start of each separate object.

Unfortunately there is not really anything I can do in MoI to change the behavior of the C4D importer if it combines things with the same name itself, you should look for a setting in C4D to do that, or contact Maxon to ask for a change in import behavior, or try the other riptide importer.

Otherwise you would need to give them different names I guess.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-7