Windows RT

Next
I`m sure this has been asked and I missed it because I was not interested that day.

Will MoI run on Windows RT ... will it run well ...

thanks,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5763.2 In reply to 5763.1 
Hi eric, no MoI won't run on Windows RT - no regular Windows program will run on Windows RT, only the new lightweight "Metro" style mini apps.

The Windows RT machine runs on a different kind of CPU than a regular machine, so it can't run regular Windows programs. The only exception is parts of MS Office which has a customized version of some of it which comes with it. It's not able to run other "desktop environment" applications at all.

They probably should not have ever called it "Windows" at all and used some other name for it since that's pretty confusing that they named it "Windows something" but it does not run Windows programs.

So don't get a Windows RT machine if you plan on running MoI with it - it will not work for that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hi there,

I use a Samsung Ativ Smart PC 500T model running Windows 8.

You have the 700T that sell much higher in price but run on the core i5 with windows 8 pro

Moi run fine on it, only have 2 gig of ram but still, doesn't the work I need to do or start project on then transfert to my main computer at home
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All