RhinoDay Italy

Next
hi,

Today I went to rhinoday which took place in Italy in the province of Vicenza.
Reported Giuseppe Missoni responsible for the Europe of Robert McNeel & Associates for software RHINOCEROS.
I was disappointed in the few news given the long period of beta for version 5.0.
Much better for many points of view the great MOI.

Thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5742.2 In reply to 5742.1 
Ciao:
i subscribed for a Rhino course one month ago but we are still waiting min. number of people to start
cost is 240€ for 36 hours
no dubts MOI is better but when you are searching for a job and in your curriculum you write MOI..nobody knows it :'( :'-(
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5742.3 In reply to 5742.2 
If you're really familiar with MoI you should be able to learn Rhino pretty quickly since the general overall approach is the same (like build curves, construct from those curves, do booleans, etc...).

The main problem is that you'll get annoyed more easily by trying to do things there because of stuff like 10 different kinds of snaps or special modes to use instead of just using construction lines, can't leave on object snaps all the time because center snap takes over, no preselection highlighting, 2D wireframe showing through all the time, inconsistent commands because of AutoCAD compatibility like with Split you pick the object to cut first, with Trim (AutoCAD style) you pick the object to be cut after, massive number of little buttons in the UI, etc...

You'll probably be a little irritated almost all the time but you should be able to get stuff done.

Rhino was just designed more as one little piece of functionality at a time all kind of tossed together, MoI is designed to solve more problems with a smaller number of tools.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5742.4 In reply to 5742.3 
Hi Michael:
I know all these things...i tried Rhino few time ago,i bought an exaustive book and also come from Autocad 2000-2005,so i'll feel like at home.
I'm attracted by T-Splines and now in Rhino i can have Arion render,so i want to take a look little bit more in depth
RHINO-5 users can test Arion with a free demo version available now(watermarks on render,limited output resolution)

What we "always" need is what we call " the piece of paper"(it's hard to translate,forgive me).It means to get a certificate,a degree or something like that to show
it doesn'matter if you really studied and got skills what certificate says..you must show just something.
Here, what you show come first of all (we are masters of fashion,design,style..etc...)
often,some italians use "tricks" or "shortcuts" to obtain this(we are masters of this too...)
We got many of them in 3Dworld too(teachers,experts,critics,workshoppers,trainers...)
beautiful people that i call them: "beautiful empty containers"

M
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5742.5 In reply to 5742.4 
Yeah if you have previously spent a lot of time in AutoCAD Rhino can then be pretty comfortable since it is set up in many ways to accommodate AutoCAD users.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5742.6 In reply to 5742.5 
..obviously,if course will start,i'll make a whole publicity of MOI3D...sure !!
(..and i'll say that i got the privilege and honor to be in contact with THE MAN that created both sw )
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All