General thoughts
All  1-3  4

Previous
5725.4 In reply to 5725.3 
Hi ed,

> Every program I can think of (not that I know hundreds) like Modo, Autocad, Photoshop, Illustrator,
> always have a name active. Modo have both, the equivalent of objects and styles and it always
> has an object active.

Many of these though have the concept of a "layer" being active, not really an "object name" being active.

The closest equivalent to a "layer" in MoI is styles, and as you know you can have an "active style" already.

As far as I know it's the same in Illustrator, right - you can have a layer active, but not an "object" itself being active. In the Layers palette if I select a named object inside there and then draw a totally new shape, the shape goes on the active layer but does not also get added to that named object on top of that.

> > "It could possibly "hurt" if it needed to have a special additional control added for it which was
> > always taking up extra space in the scene browser and didn't serve any other purpose"
>
> Thinking about that, the indicator may be the background colour (or the font colour) of
> the name and the trigger can be a right clic.

Hmm, I don't know - that's then highly inconsistent with setting the active style. It would be pretty weird to have 2 similar things within the same scene browser UI but that displayed themselves totally differently.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4