Peopeller blade
 1-20  21-29

Previous
Next
5700.21 In reply to 5700.18 
Please excuse my ignorance for not being a computer guru.
Can you tell me how to use a network or a two rail sweep.

Both ends of the propeller blade will be hand finished after removing it from the router.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5700.22 In reply to 5700.20 
"?Did you just type in those numbers in notepad? And then just import that into the CAD program?"
Yes, notepad would work. Actually used free notepad++ program. Used tabs (as delimiters) between numbers, enter at end of lines. Changed the order for the other Y column. Other delimiters can be used. For the curves, selected Close Ends.

Yes, just import with the tab delimiter option, select points or controlpoint curve or interpcurve point curve option.

EDITED: 9 Feb 2013 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5700.23 In reply to 5700.21 
Hi Kent, there's some information on both Network and Sweep in the help file - check out the reference section of the help file which has an entry for every command, often with some screenshot illustrations.

Here's the entry for Network:
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference7.htm#network

And here's the one for Sweep:
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference7.htm#network

Also there's some more discussion on what kind of curve structure is required for Network here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4384.4
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1778.6

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5700.24 In reply to 5700.14 
Bemfarmer, do you do consulting work?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5700.25 In reply to 5700.15 
Hi Jasper,

I have been able to do 3D modeling after bothering Michael a few times. And Bemfarmer did a good job of entering the coordinates for one station. I am now on the leading edge of the learning curve on exactly how to do that. I think that once I can do what he did with the numbers I will be able to put it all together.

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5700.26 In reply to 5700.24 
Sorry, no consulting work.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5700.27 In reply to 5700.14 
Hi Bemfarmer, I downloaded the airfoil file you made. I made 4 copies of it and gave them different names and I can load all of them into the CAD program. Also I notice that when I open My Docuements using the CAD File Open icon, I see your files with a light bulb symbol in front of it. But the file that I made, I called it "Sta 24" has a notepad symbol in front of it and it does not show up in "My Documents" when I open it using the CAD File Open icon.

I also notice that you used Notepad++. I assume that that version of Notepad allows you to save the file in the right format. And I assume that my version of Notepad can't save in that format

Does that make any sense to you?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5700.28 In reply to 5700.27 
Hi Kent, either notepad or notepad++ can make the right kind of files, it just needs a basic text file to be created with one x,y,z coordinate triplet on each line. It will work fine to leave it with the default notepad file extension of .txt . The default files that notepad creates are the kind of file that you need in this case.

But in order to read the files into MoI you will need to install the ImportPointFile plugin as we have been discussing over e-mail.

Right now the sticking point seems to be that you're having difficulty with the step of copying the unzipped files into the \commands sub-folder to get the plugin installed.

I think you are going to need to get someone like a friend or family member with a little more computer experience to come over and help with that part.

You need to open up the folder c:\Program Files\MoI 2.0 trial\commands inside of Windows Explorer and then drag the unzipped files into that folder to copy them over there. Until you do that step of installing that plug-in by copying the plug-in files over you won't be able to read in the text files that you are making in notepad.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Sorry guys, I've been tied up on some other obligations.
I hope to be able to be more active.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-29