Offset
All  1-12  13-16

Previous
Next
5680.13 In reply to 5680.12 
Hi Jeff, that's cool that you're back messing with the beta, I hope it can stick! :)

And yeah that particular stuff that you're building is very not like traditional semi-box-like architetural forms like sketchup is really designed to work with - a NURBS modeler is a way better fit for that kind of geometry. Pretty much a 100% perfect fit really with the kind of broadly curved profile-driven geometry that you have there. There's so many tools that will directly apply to that kind of construction - sweep, blend, offset, ... - and for construction it should also be a really big advantage to have a sort of ideal master model that can then be cut up in different ways as you need.

When you try to do that with a bunch of lines and facets you're kind of fixing a sort of cut up pattern directly in the base design instead of being able to create an idealized reference design...

Your shapes there just do not fundamentally resemble a box or a prism type shape, which is what sketchup is totally oriented around producing.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
(i meant to say trial version.. but i think you know what i was saying ;) )

and i'm assuming the trial is the official release now? i mean, i can save etc so the only limitation is time, right?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5680.15 In reply to 5680.14 
I believe yes for the trial 30 days :)
But Michael will precise if there are the same functions than on PC...and than inside the Beta V3
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5680.16 In reply to 5680.14 
Hi Jeff, yup the trial version is fully functional for the 30 day period, it's not limited in any way other than that.

The trial version is for version 2.52 , there is also a v3 beta release that has some various new things in it which is in beta release currently - that one is only available to customers though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-12  13-16