Two little questions

Next
Hi everyone !

I have two questions related to shortcuts.

Is there a shortcut for the "zoom area" button in the viewport ?
Is it possible to have a script that toggle on/off the view rotation based on where the cursor is (kinda like in Cinema 4D) ?

We're using MoI 3D for the next Bulgari perfum launch (for booths, displays, shelves, point of sale materials etc...) it's great :)

Thanks in advance,
Sam
--
shapenoid.com stojan-voumard.com
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5664.2 In reply to 5664.1 
Hi DesuDeus, for the zoom area put the following for the "command" part of the shortcut key:

script: /* Do Zoom Area */ moi.ui.getActiveViewport().interactiveViewChange('zoomarea');

> Is it possible to have a script that toggle on/off the view rotation based on
> where the cursor is (kinda like in Cinema 4D) ?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by toggling off the view rotation. Do you mean when you are in split view you want to maximize the particular view that the mouse cursor is over?

One that does that is here: http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#MaximizeViewport

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5664.3 In reply to 5664.2 
Thanks for the zoom area ! It's for a co-worker who's trying the trial with a wacom.

What I mean with the second request is a way to rotate the 3D view not based on the center of the 3D view but based on where the mouse is, kinda like if the mouse was the pivot point of the camera... Or like if the mouse was where the camera was looking at.
--
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5664.4 In reply to 5664.3 
Hi DesuDeus,

> What I mean with the second request is a way to rotate the 3D view not based on the
> center of the 3D view but based on where the mouse is, kinda like if the mouse was the
> pivot point of the camera... Or like if the mouse was where the camera was looking at.

Sorry no, there's no way currently to rotate the view around anything other than the rotation pivot point which is along the eye/camera direction line in the center of the viewport.

Your mouse cursor is really only a 2D screen point and so it doesn't really make sense to rotate around the mouse cursor itself, it has to be some kind of 3D point. Cinema4D might do something like project out a ray through the mouse screen point and use the point where it hits. But that could cause some weird behavior like for example rotation behaving very erratic if you are looking close to the horizon line of the plane that it's intersecting with.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5664.5 In reply to 5664.4 
Ok I got it, I'm fine with the current rotation behavior since I use a mouse :) It was more for a stylus use for this other guy at work.
--
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All