Object browser
All  1-10  11-16

Previous
Next
5635.11 In reply to 5635.10 
Hi Mauro, the problem is you could easily end up voting for something that would then take me 3 or 5 solid years of work to finish just for that one feature.

The amount of effort required is a big piece of the equation as far as what stuff gets developed.

Just in general the questions received on the forum here work as an informal poll anyway - the more questions and requests that come in about needing certain kinds of tools will bring such things up higher in priority.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5635.12 In reply to 5635.11 
..i'm just joking,Michael...
take your time and..first of all..take care of you !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5635.13 In reply to 5635.5 
I think the nested arrangement would work well for me, not least to limit the length of the object browser in some models.

As an example, I'm currently building a model of two townhouses. I have a sash window modelled in five separate parts (frame, top sash, ironmongery, etc) and imported from a separate component library. This is duplicated 20+ times in the scene at various preset widths, therefore if I need to select a specific part using the browser I then have to deselect several similar pieces scattered around the scene. A nested structure would allow me to select only the groups under an individual window reference (if I rename the top-level object after each import) - five linked parts with one click, or just a particular part of a particular window.

Having said that, it would also be useful to have a text-based filter facility so that the browser would show only windows, door handles or whatever. I imagine that this would be considerably more work, but it would mean that I could select, say, all glass items that may otherwise be hidden within windows, doors, rooflight and fixtures folders.

=========

A second point: Could a nested structure allow locking of objects within groups, relative to the group itself? What I mean to say is, could you lock the relationship of the components of a group to one another (so that the glass will always remain embedded in the frame, however I may accidentally click on it), but the window itself could be repositioned?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi,

Groups is one feature I miss in Moi

I don't if it would make sense but an option to select all the objects having the same name tag when select one would be handy.
This option could be in a little arrow on the tab like styles.

It could make a good workaround until groups are cooked.

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5635.15 In reply to 5635.14 
Hi Marc,

"""""""""""an option to select all the objects having the same name tag when select one would be handy.""""""""""""""""

well, you have this already. If you select a single object, it's object name will get a "half dot" in the objects browser. Clicking the dot will select all objects with that name. The part thats missing is a nested group method.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5635.16 In reply to 5635.15 
Hi Michael, yes I know about the dot feature and it's great.

However I was just thinking for a way to have some sort of "onscreen" grouping action.
This would be much faster than having to click the dot everytime.

A simple example would be a top view of a sink, selecting one object would automatically select all the little parts.
Trying different furniture positions would be quicker.

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-16