New to MOI - should I start with V2 or the V3 beta?

Next
Hi, there,

I'm finally able to start focusing on learning this beautiful software, after owning both V1 and V2 licenses.

My question is, with the V3 beta now available, is it going to suit my while to go for the V3 now, and just learn that from the beginning?

Or should I just start with V2 "official" and use that to start the learning process with and on?

Also - is there a recommended learning path for this? I see that the only personally available learning items seems to be user and developer-created tutorials, is this correct?

(Not complaining - just want to start from the beginning as a beginner and progress as thoroughly and quickly as I can. I have no experience in 3D so far, though I do know 2D graphics programs like Photoshop and Illustrator pretty well.)

Thanks, all, for the recommendations and the help in making my mastery of MOI something I can actually achieve in this lifetime. :-)

Talk to you all later...

- Paul
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5634.2 In reply to 5634.1 
One vote for V3 :-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5634.3 In reply to 5634.2 
dito, V3 ;-)
As a final touch, God created the Dutch
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Directly by the beta 3 with any doubt! ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5634.5 In reply to 5634.1 
Hi Paul, it's a big goal for the betas to keep them stable and so I'd recommend using v3 - it's just got the all the latest stuff in it. V2 is starting to get somewhat old at this point.

> Also - is there a recommended learning path for this? I see that the only personally
> available learning items seems to be user and developer-created tutorials, is this correct?

Yup, that's correct. Probably the easiest starting path is to watch the video tutorials here:
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/tutorials.htm

Those go through creating a few simple objects step by step discussing details along the way, they are good introduction to the general modeling method and workflow.

Then there are a bunch of other ones collected here:
http://moi3d.com/resources#Tutorials

And then the forum here is a big learning resource as well - if you run into things that are confusing, hop on here and post a question about it - it helps to include your model file along with your question.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5634.6 In reply to 5634.5 
Thanks a million.

Nice that you're so active, Michael.