Want to seal the deal?
All  1-9  10-11

Previous
Next
562.10 In reply to 562.9 
It's true, MoI has some great export features and that is a major factor for deciding to use it if you use other apps like Maya, XSI, Lightwave, or Modo.

Modo has some great documentation. I tried out its demo and was very impressed. Just about every tool has a short video clip demonstrating its usage and it has helped with building a strong following behind that app. However, I do not use it is because it is overpriced, crashed a lot on one of my laptops with an NVIDIA Quadro fx, has no NURBS support and no brush sculpting tools. I would rather use Blender, Silo, or Hexagon, which are much cheaper solutions for modeling and they include sculpting tools. Right now I am switching to Blender for SubD modeling because it works on Linux, but am keeping my fingers crossed that Silo will be ported eventually.

I hope Moi3D.com will eventually be expanded in a way that will support interaction between the user community. I also sent an email to Michael volunteering to help create short feature demonstration videos for the documentation if he needs the help.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
562.11 In reply to 562.10 
> I hope Moi3D.com will eventually be expanded in a way that
> will support interaction between the user community.

I definitely want to spend some time improving the web site and forum after 1.0 is all ready.

Probably this forum will remain the central interaction spot.

Is there something else that you were thinking of for interaction beyond the forum?

> I also sent an email to Michael volunteering to help create short feature
> demonstration videos for the documentation if he needs the help.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on that yet - it would definitely be a big help! I just haven't turned the focus on to the docs quite yet.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-9  10-11