Hackintosh & MoI
All  1-12  13-15

Previous
Next
5575.13 In reply to 5575.12 
It would be a niffty trick to pull on someone when that have had a little to much beer/wine etc.

It's all clever stuff, I got about as far as playing with Dynamic HTML many years back (10 or so) but decided web design was not for me, trying to maintain client sites and still finding time to design new ones was getting too much.

Martin Spencer-Ford
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5575.14 In reply to 5575.13 
Hi Martin, yeah definitely Dynamic HTML has a whole lot of its own quirks, I invested a lot of time back about that same time period before getting comfortable with it. It tends to be particularly good in the area of handling text though, with a lot of features involving text layout, word wrapping, and sizing things to fit child content. These are the reasons why I've persisted in using it for application UI for quite a long time now. And it's also the closest thing that exists to a global cross-platform "known by many" type of UI. Also it's had scripting built into it for quite a long time and the ability to bundle script code along with the UI in one package is very flexible.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5575.15 In reply to 5575.14 
Yeah, I could see the potential for it, but flash and css came along and DHTML seemed to drop from flavour of the month to the poor mans tool. But yes it was good for animating text blocks and adding some cool mouse over effects, i miss animation at times, but I am happy to tinker with my 3D hobby. I used to do programming too, but then .net came along and i lost the whole logic and struggled so that got abandoned too. But that was done purely as fun and for my own system checking tools. Who knows, one day I might go back to it.

Martin Spencer-Ford
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-12  13-15