Why can't I blend these?
All  1-7  8-10

Previous
Next
5567.8 In reply to 5567.7 
Martin - I've had the same thought before. My idea was to have a "Hints" pop-up system that can be turned off in Options.

Brief Hints would pop-up anytime an action failed and also contain a link to the on-line manual section for more info:

Blend = Make sure you've selected edges, not curves. Make sure edges are not broken into segments.

Fillet = Make sure edges are joined. Try a smaller fillet value.

Planar = Make sure edges are planar.

Etc....

There are several things you just have to know to be proficient with MoI and I think a Hints option would reduce the learning curve. It would take some time to implement, but probably save more time by not answering as many forum questions.

Probably the forum regulars would be willing to write the hints as a group.

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5567.9 In reply to 5567.7 
Hi Martin,

> Would it be feasible to have these helper popups for newbies and those that like them, yet
> be able to switch them off under Options if they get in the way?

That's certainly one possibility. But it would also be good if it was "low profile" enough that it would not actually get in the way to start with...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5567.10 In reply to 5567.8 
Hi ed, yeah I want to eventually figure out some area of the UI where I can put a variety of informative messages, not just for errors like that but also some commands might be able to report useful information about how many things they've processed or things like that.

So far I have not really figured out a particularly good way to fit that into the UI while maintaining the streamlined nature of it though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-7  8-10