License code

Next
Hi Michael,

I have a private license now already for a while. Since I am a happy user of MoI I just decided that I also want to use MoI at my work and therefore just bought a second license for use upon my business laptop.

I had once installed the private license upon this business laptop.

I freshly installed MoI again upon this laptop, but during installation, I do not have to type the new license code, but MoI just starts up right away.

Now I a m not certain if I have installed the private or the new license code upon the laptop.

Do you know how I can check that?

N.B. I now can open MoI both my desktop (certainly the private license) and my laptop (private license or new license?) at the same time.

Hope you can help.

Raoul
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5566.2 In reply to 5566.1 
Hi Raoul, yeah when you install MoI a second time if you have already previously entered in a license before it will find that previous license and use it automatically instead of asking you for a new one.

The previous license information is saved in 2 places where you will need to delete it from in order for MoI to prompt you to enter in the new license.

The first place is a text file inside of the "Application data" folder - to get to there go to the Start menu (or push Win+R to get the "Run" dialog box), and enter in %AppData% - that will then open up the application data folder which is in a slightly different location on different versions of Windows. Then inside there will be a folder named "Moi", and your moi.ini file (which holds your various program settings but not any license data you can leave this file alone) and a file named moi_v2_license.key will be there. The .key file is a little text file that holds the previously entered license key in it, delete that file to get rid of it.

Then there is a secondary place that it's also stored just in case there was some problem writing to AppData - that's in the registry so to remove that you need to run regedit and then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Moi and inside there will be an entry named moi_v2_license.key that also contains your license key, right-click on it and delete it and then you will have removed all previously entered license information and the next time MoI starts it will prompt you for it again.

Please let me know if you still have any questions or problems - in the future I'm going to add some way in Moi to clear the license information like maybe on the "About" dialog box.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Problem solved!

Thanks Michael, again you are helping as fast as lightning!

Raoul
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5566.4 In reply to 5566.2 
Hello Michael,

Since my 7 year old Windows XP pc finally died I need to install my Ver 2 lincense on my new Windows 7 pc.

I've tried emailing you - but my mail came back undelivered.

Please help - I'm getting severe withdrawal symptoms !!!

Happy Christmas to all MOI users.

Aeromod
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5566.5 In reply to 5566.4 

EDITED: 4 Dec 2012 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5566.6 In reply to 5566.4 
Hi Aeromod, sorry for the e-mail problem.

I've set up a page here which you can use to enter in your license key and get a new download of the installer:
http://moi3d.com/reinstall.htm

Also if you don't know your license key there is also something set on on that same page (near the bottom) where you can enter in your e-mail address and have your license keys sent to you through e-mail.

If that does not work for you please let me know, either private message here in the forum or try e-mailing me again.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5566.7 In reply to 5566.6 
Many thanks to both Michael and bemfarmer !

Checked my license key - and I did have the correct key from the start - who knows why it wouldn't work before ?

However - all is peaceful in the Aeromod household once more - even my cat senses my relief.

I suppose it must be me - find I am struggling with Window 7.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All