Text

Next
Hi Mickael,

Is there a possibility to add some more fonctionnality in the text dialog box?

Like possibility to make paragraph with some options like center text paragraph or align left or right text paragraph?

Because right now when we have to type sentence by sentence and then play and move manually the text to create some paragraph

Thanks

Alex
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5562.2 In reply to 5562.1 
Hi Alex, text as a 3D NURBS solid is much more heavyweight in data complexity than text in a word processing document, so it's not really a great fit to optimize the text tool for high amounts of text entry since that can quickly become too complex of a 3D model.

That's why the text tool in MoI is focused on just entering in a single line of text that might be used as a raised label as part of the model or something like that.

What kind of model are you creating where you're needing to enter in paragraphs of text as part of the model? In general it's pretty uncommon for manufactured objects to have that quantity of text embedded into their shapes...

I think that at some point in the future there will be a different kind of text tool - one that will add in "annotation text" for 2D labeling, and that will likely include some things like alignment and multi-line entry. Right now I'm not sure exactly when that will happen.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5562.3 In reply to 5562.2 
Hi Mickael, ok I understand .

It s when I work on some cosmetic POP with silkscreen needed.
I prefere to modele the text better than open photoshop and create map to be used in my rendering software.
It's more flexible to determinate and play with the position. Anyway, thanks for your fast reply.

Alex
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Alex,

You can import with Moi3D -> "2D vector files" -> *. eps, *. ai and *.pdf.
With AI, Corel, Inksacpe, ...you can create your "Text-Vector" file -> Import with Moi3D -> Extrude...

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/ ;-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5562.5 In reply to 5562.4 
Hi Ralf ,

yes I know I can import but I wanted to reduce the number of soft used, and do the maximum in MOI without have to switch of software;).

Alex
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5562.6 In reply to 5562.5 
Hi Alex, yes in the future I want to add more 2D type functionality to MoI which will make it easier when you're using it more for generating 2D drawing only rather than really 3D modeling. A lot of things like the Text tool are quite a bit more oriented towards 3D modeling use currently.

Until the time that some more 2D tools like that are added into MoI directly you would probably be best off doing the import method for now.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All