V3 beta Nov-6-2012 (Win/Mac) available now
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-115

Previous
Next
5524.61 In reply to 5524.60 
Hi Michael,

i'm also getting older and have a hard time to remember all those short cuts, but i don't complain.
I also understand that this might be a lot of work to integrate a proper solution for this in the UI layout.

Therefore my question, wouldn't it not be possible and much easier to add a pull down menu entry
called "Scripts" near the Window/Help Top Menu Bar, so that it doesn't add up to the UI layout?

Well, just a thought.

Best regards
Stefan

EDITED: 30 Oct 2016 by STEFAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
>or would you rather that I work on improving Blend so that you can actually construct surfaces better than you can right now?...

Hey guys! Careful! This improved Blend is my Christmas. ;-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.63 In reply to 5524.61 
In Windows' system we have not this Menu line in normal use of Moi!
The "help" is on the page bottom button, you have not the same in Mac's System?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.64 In reply to 5524.63 
Hi Frenchy,

sorry, didn't thought about the Win UI!

On the Mac we have both the "Help" at the top menu bar
and like in Windows on the bottom right the help symbol too.

Regards
Stefan

EDITED: 30 Oct 2016 by STEFAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I just tried the latest Beta.

Windows 8 professional x64 -retail
Asus EP121 slate
Intel graphics
Core i5 processor

I'm getting black surfaces, artifacts, freezes and all kinds of other graphic glitches. I really wanted to use the isocurve extraction but the viewport goes white when I try to select. Apparently this beta is unusable for me.

Thanks,

Isaiah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.66 In reply to 5524.65 
Hi Isaiah,

> I'm getting black surfaces, artifacts, freezes and all kinds of other graphic glitches. I really wanted
> to use the isocurve extraction but the viewport goes white when I try to select. Apparently this
> beta is unusable for me.

Was the previous v3 beta working ok for you? Or were you previously using v2 and this one is the first v3 beta that you've started to use?

The stuff you are describing sounds like video card related problems, I would recommend seeing if you can go to Intel's web site and download the latest video drivers for your video card and see if updating that has any effect. Typically the kind of stuff you're seeing is related to buggy behavior with the video driver.

One of the new features in v3 is the use of multiple CPU cores with the display engine, maybe you're running into some problem related to that. You could try disabling that by editing moi.ini (go to Options > General and push the Edit .ini file button), and in the [View] section find the entry for DisplayThreadLimit and set it to 1 so that it looks like this:

[View]
DisplayThreadLimit=1

Does that do anything?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.67 In reply to 5524.61 
Hi Stefan,

> Therefore my question, wouldn't it not be possible and much easier to add a pull down menu entry
> called "Scripts" near the Window/Help Top Menu Bar, so that it doesn't add up to the UI layout?

So yeah like Pilou mentions the problem with that is that menu only exists in the Mac version and is not present in the Windows version.

Since MoI works on both the Mac and Windows as well I can't really use a design that would only work on one system and not the other.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.68 In reply to 5524.67 
Hi Michael,

I understand! I didn't thought about the difference in the Windows vers, sorry!

Best regards
Stefan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks for the quick fix, I'll try it...

A sequence that always lead to the second problem (the numeric input field not being highlighted) is making a rectangle and then extruding it via shortcuts. Try to set up shortcuts for those two commands and then you'll see (hopefully) that you can't enter a numeric value for the extrude.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.70 In reply to 5524.66 
My Intel graphics drivers are up to date and I played with the number of processors from 1 to 4. Strange graphics performance every time.

Thanks,

IC
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.71 In reply to 5524.70 
Hi IC,

> My Intel graphics drivers are up to date and I played with the number of processors from
> 1 to 4. Strange graphics performance every time.

Then it's possible that it's actually the latest driver that has the problem in it and you may need to install a slightly older version of the driver instead until the latest one is fixed.

Did the previous v3 beta work ok for you or was this one the first v3 beta that you had tried?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
The new offset command works perfect. I tried again on both the 2.5 and the latest beta and I cannot replicate the highlighting problem, but i found the thread where it was discussed earlier: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4983.1 If I find a way of pushing it to happen then ill let you know.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.73 In reply to 5524.69 
Hi ed,

> A sequence that always lead to the second problem (the numeric input field not being highlighted) is
> making a rectangle and then extruding it via shortcuts. Try to set up shortcuts for those two
> commands and then you'll see (hopefully) that you can't enter a numeric value for the extrude.

I couldn't replicate any problem with that over here. I set up a shortcut for R for rectangle, and E for extrude, then pushed R, drew a rectangle, selected it and pushed E then typed in 20 (or any number) and it worked fine for me... This is on OSX 10.7.2 Mountain Lion.

Do you possibly have any shortcuts set up with a number key being the shortcut key? Having things set up like that can interfere with using the number keys for numeric input.

What are the exact keys that you have set up for extrude and rectangle, do they use a Cmd key combination or just a single letter?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.74 In reply to 5524.72 
Hi ed,

> but i found the thread where it was discussed earlier: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4983.1
> If I find a way of pushing it to happen then ill let you know.

Sorry I hadn't remembered that previously.

From what you said there though it sounds like you may have some shortcut keys set up which are capturing certain keys for use as shortcuts rather than for use with numeric input.

If you want to use auto-focus numeric input, you should not set up any shortcut keys that use any of the following keys as the shortcut trigger: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 - .

If you do set up any of those as a shortcut key then when you push that particular key MoI will see that you've set it up as a keyboard shortcut and will then trigger the shortcut instead of any of the regular keyboard processing happening.

Let me know if that's not the problem you were running into and what steps I can do to recreate the problem, so far I have not been able to reproduce any problem with the focus behavior over here, the steps with rectangle and extrude that you mentioned before did not cause any problem over here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Using the Offset line tool.

With the shown settings, is this the expected result for the end-caps, or should there be a radius at each end?

Martin (2).
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.76 In reply to 5524.75 
Hi Martin, that's the expected result for a line offset with end caps enabled, that option just connects the endpoints with line segments.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.77 In reply to 5524.75 
The "corners" option will be used on hard edges of the offset entity. A single line has no corners. Offset a "V" to see that option used.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Well I taught the problem was some weird key but just yesterday y tried with the letters "L" and "X" and just that didn't work. Like i said, if I run into that again I will let you know.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.79 In reply to 5524.71 
This is the first installation of V3 I have had on the computer. Doesn't look like there are any retro graphic drivers for Windows 8. Good thing V2 is working perfectly.

Thanks

IC
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi chaps.

BurrMan.

When I posted, I just wasn't sure if the Round option should've created the shape in this pic.

Martin (2).

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-115