V3 beta Nov-6-2012 (Win/Mac) available now
 1-7  …  68-87  88-107  108-115

Previous
Next
5524.108 In reply to 5524.107 
Hi Martin, I'm glad that the jumping is under control now!

> For instance, I use Area and Reset all the time but never touch Zoom, Pan or Rotate,
> because they're already conveniently on the mouse. I would find the Hide button
> convenient to have there instead - is that currently possible?

Eventually I want to have some kind of UI editing incorporated into the UI like maybe you would go into some special mode or hold down a particular key and drag on a button to re-arrange it. But right now there isn't anything set up exactly for that, and that's probably quite a ways off.

But the UI is built off of .htm files and it is possible to change the UI by editing those files in a text editor like notepad.

The file for the view controls is named ViewControls.htm and it's in the \ui sub-folder. If you open that up in notepad you can delete the entries for particular buttons, each one is a <moi:CommandButton> tag in the file, and if you open up the file SidePane.htm you can look in there for the hide button and it is possible to copy the <moi:CommandButton> button tag from that file and paste it into the ViewControls.htm file.

You will run into some maintenance problems if you do decide to do this though, because you'll need to repeat this with each new beta release, and sometimes those same UI files are changing of new features that I'm also adding in so it's a moving target.

But yes it is possible.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.109 In reply to 5524.108 
Hi Michael.

After following your instructions, I made the changes and amazingly, everything worked first time!

I've applied this particular mod to MoI v2 so I don't have to keep re-applying it as new betas are released, but at the same time I can get the feel of how it works.

Going by my initial impression, just those three icons seem like an adequate combination for me, so when V3 is finished, I think I'm going to copy the change over.

Thanks for your help.

Martin (2).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael.

In the attached file, the cone placed at the origin was generated by extruding a circle to a point and with no end cap selected.

Using the Shell tool to thicken it up a bit, gives a rough result and I wonder if this can be tweaked.

The other cone was made from a revolved line and the surface thickened in the same way as before, but this time, has turned out as expected.

Thanks.
Martin (2).
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.111 In reply to 5524.110 
Hi Martin,

> Using the Shell tool to thicken it up a bit, gives a rough result and
> I wonder if this can be tweaked.
>
> The other cone was made from a revolved line and the surface thickened in the
> same way as before, but this time, has turned out as expected.

I've got this updated for the next v3 beta - in the next beta when using Extrude to point where the base curve is a circle or arc shape, it will make an analytic cone surface out of the result and that will help this case to offset properly.

Thanks for reporting the problem,

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.112 In reply to 5524.111 
Ha that sounds cool..

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;-)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. |
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael.

There seems to be something odd happening when I edit the size of an arc if it lies directly on top of a circle.
Please take a look at the video to see what I mean.

http://screencast.com/t/ixR4gcFS9K

Martin (2).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5524.114 In reply to 5524.113 
Hi Martin,

> There seems to be something odd happening when I edit the size of an arc
> if it lies directly on top of a circle.

There's a feature in the resizer where if you're resizing a line or an arc, it scans through all the other objects to see if there are other existing curves that touch the current one at an endpoint, and if they do it uses that endpoint as the scale origin.

That enables behavior like this - when you edit this radius of this arc here:

The edited arc gets scaled like this so that it's still connected to the adjacent line:

The same thing is kicking in for your case with a circle - a circle also has a start and end point to it even though you don't normally see it, and if the arc being sized touches that point at one of its ends it will get anchored to it.

I'll tune this mechanism up so that it will skip closed curves when it's looking for any other touching curves since it's pretty weird behavior in that case.

Thanks for reporting the problem,

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5524.115 In reply to 5524.114 
Thanks Michael.

And thanks also for providing this feature - it's great being able to edit an arc in this way, I usually have to erase and redraw in such cases.

Martin (2).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-7  …  48-67  68-87  88-107  108-115