MoI on latest Mac OS

Next
Hi there,

usually I'm using moi on my pc but since i got my new mac book i installed it there as well - or more like tried to install.
it seems like always using the downloaded archive, so as soon as i want to get rid of it moi is gone as well.

what is a lot stranger though - i started moi today but nothing was showing except the moi icon in the bar.
right clicking it and choose 'quit' doesn't close it, nor does cmd-Q or choosing quit from the drop down menu.

so i thought - i'd restart to get rid of it. but the mbp tells me that moi is still running and i have to quit the program before shutting down.

what can i do to shut moi down?

What you see is what you believe - so don't. (from an Amiga500 demo)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5519.2 In reply to 5519.1 
Hi macray, to shut down a program that's gone all wonky hold down the Alt key and then when you've got Alt held down when you right-click on the dock icon there will be "Force quit" option that you can use to forcibly shut it down.

Then you'll need to update to the latest version, MoI was having problems with some changes in the new OSX 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 updates, and if you're still using an older version of MoI with these latest OSX versions it won't work properly, so you'll need to get the latest 2.52 MoI version from here: http://moi3d.com/reinstall.htm

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5519.3 In reply to 5519.1 
For shutting down you can also run the "Activity monitor" which is the OSX equivalent of Task Manager and it has options in there for closing processes as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5519.4 In reply to 5519.1 
Also if you want to run the v3 beta on 10.7.5 or 10.8.2 check out here for info on that:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5431.1

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thank you Michael!

shutting it down finally worked and i'll see about the newest update.

What you see is what you believe - so don't. (from an Amiga500 demo)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All