Editing the angle of a line.

Next
Greetings, all.

It would be a great help to me if someone could explain how to do this in MoI, as I can't seem to figure it out.

Suppose I draw a line at some odd angle, say 23.27 degrees, but later suspect I've actually entered it as 23.72 degrees. Is there a way to verify the line angle and also a way to accurately correct it, or do I delete and start again?
If the latter is the recommended way, then I'm thinking it could get a bit more involved if I'd drawn something like a spoked wheel.

I'd appreciate any assistance with this.

Thanks.
Martin (2).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5509.2 In reply to 5509.1 
In September, Michael created Angle script, to measure the angle between two lines:

http://50.56.177.237/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5390.3
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5509.3 In reply to 5509.1 
Hi Martin, sometimes it is easiest just to redraw something if you think it's not correct, or rotate it to be horizontal using object snaps and then rotate it back by your particular angle.

Some CAD programs have "driving dimensions" where you can enforce certain values onto objects at all times (including editing the values), but MoI is not set up like that - instead MoI is more focused on making it quick and fluid to do the initial drawing of things. But also because of this orientation of MoI it helps if you want stuff to be accurate it usually helps to make things accurately when you first draw them.

> If the latter is the recommended way, then I'm thinking it could get a bit more involved if I'd drawn something like a spoked wheel.

It's best to make sure what you have done is correct before making doing replications or stuff like that where it may be more difficult to correct them.

At some point I would like to have both annotation type and also driving dimensions in MoI as well. But often times programs that focus primarily on that workflow though kind of have a "jump through some hoops" type flavor to their workflow though and it's been a big focus for MoI to try and have a fast and fluid type drawing feel.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
bemfarmer.

I'll take a look at that script and see if it'll help for my purposes - thanks for replying.

Michael.

That's no problem - I'll soon find a workflow and maybe use the script that bemfarmer has pointed me to.

Cheers.
Martin (2).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5509.5 In reply to 5509.4 
Here' a simplified check and fix...

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5509.6 In reply to 5509.5 
Here is using the edit frame to rotate:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hi BurrMan.

Thanks very much for taking time out to make both of those videos, they've helped me understand a lot more about how to edit things in MoI. I'm sure I can set the angle OK now.

Martin (2).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All