Is this the best way?
 1-18  19-22

Previous
Next
5491.19 In reply to 5491.18 
Hi Michael,
I have attached a sample file.
A - Is the initial construction which is then translated to the solid B - no problem.
C - shows when the blend gap appears... you will see in the top view the only difference is that I have tapered the curve inwards, but by doing this you can no longer get the blends to meet up.
D - with this one i added some extra points to the curve and bingo it worked fine...
I'm guessing that blending is quite sensitive to the smoothness of the original line work that you draw.

All in all i've achieved what i wanted now and learnt quite a bit in the process, thank to all who have responded.

http://moi3d.com/forum/get_attachment.php?webtag=MOI&hash=6b0ece3447c8c0fbc9c0eb1d016d921b&filename=Test.3dm
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Cube,
I have looked at your file and see that you are blending in sections.
If you run the Rebuild command on you profiles and set the tolerance to 0.001
you will be able to blend as one surface.
If you look at the photo attached you will see I have added another model (right view top model)
where I have adjusted the top curve as it was to close to the extruded outer profile at
the one end and when blended was causing a small bulge.
Hope this helps.
Barry.

EDITED: 10 Mar 2023 by BARRY-H

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5491.21 In reply to 5491.20 
excellent! thank you very much. I had no idea you could do this. Ill take a look at your file later.

Edit - Just tried it and it works a treat, So why does a rebuild make it one continues edge rather than separate pieces (just out of interest)

EDITED: 23 Oct 2012 by CUBE

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5491.22 In reply to 5491.21 
Rebuild inserts more control points along the curve. Draw a curve then select show points, Now run rebuild on the curve by pressing TAB and typing Rebuild, watch the difference, it's instant!

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-18  19-22