Rhino OBJ to Max HELP

Next
We have a client trying to get an OBJ file to us from Rhino. It's 160 MB, it appears to fully load and then only a few faces are visible. Same exact thing in Blender and Mesh Lab.

Are there any know problems/solutions with Rhino OBJ's?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5445.2 In reply to 5445.1 
Hi Shaun, non that I know of, but you do have the options in rhino to flip normals and if i remember rightly to unify them too. Might try that and then re-export the OBJ

HTH Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5445.3 In reply to 5445.1 
Rhino has an option to choose between saving NURBS object or polygon mesh objects into an OBJ file.

But the vast majority of programs only expect to see polygon data in an OBJ file. So if they used the option to write NURBS that could be the problem.

Also I seem to vaguely recall that there is also an option to break up long lines of text and if that's enabled that can also mess up some programs as well.

So it could be related to the specific options that they are choosing at export time.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Well Max was no luck but I got Blender to import it. Except is looks very decimated. It's as if it was made in a voxel modeler. There are tiny cubes making up everything.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All