Some things gone pop
All  1-8  9-11

Previous
Next
5405.9 In reply to 5405.8 
Hi Michael, I have three MoI entries in the start menu (Windows 7 Ultimate x64), Moi 2 used to just say MoI, and so clicking it put me in version 2, then I grabbed the July beta and it shows as "MoI 3.0 beta Jul-20-2012", then the September version came along and it shows as just, "MoI" no other information. Now MoI 2 says MoI 2.0, or maybe I have just noticed because of what happened, don't know for sure, but like i say - no real problem, when i have this Decking finished then this PC is being stripped and rebuilt in a new case, when that happens it will be new fresh install time too.

Thanks Michael

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5405.10 In reply to 5405.9 
I think I see what happens re: start menu - the MoI installer puts an icon named "MoI" inside your start menu but it actually puts it nested inside a folder with the full version name on the folder. You can see these folders listed with you go to the "All Programs" menu.

Then when you run it, Windows puts the shortcut inside that folder onto your recently used programs list, and that's when you'll get multiple plain "MoI" things in your start menu.

I guess I should put the full version name onto the individual launcher shortcut as well instead of just the outer folder, since the outer folder name is not visually maintained once Windows puts the program shortcut itself onto its recent list.

I'll give that a try for the next release, I think that should tune it up from here on out to avoid this problem.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5405.11 In reply to 5405.10 
Well I guess it's only a problem because of me having the betas installed. In reality I would guess most people prefer not to trust beta applications on their main computer, maybe I should hoof off previous beta and just settle for one beta at a time, but fixing the problem would certainly help with beta testing, especially should I or others need to roll back one.

Thanks Michael

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-11