Screenshot shortcut problems
All  1  2-6

Previous
Next
5381.2 In reply to 5381.1 
Hi DesuDeus,

> 1. Hide the viewport name (top, left, right, bottom etc...) that is captured in the screenshot

There is not currently any way to turn that off, I will add something for that for the next v3 beta though.

> 2. Set the mesh angle to 3 before taking the screenshot then set it back to 8

This is set by moi.view.meshAngle, so you would put: var prev_meshangle = moi.view.meshAngle; before the call to renderToClipboard(), and then put moi.view.meshAngle = prev_meshangle; after it to restore it.

> 3. Hide the XYZ stuff on the bottom left

This one is set by moi.view.showAxisIcon, so put: var prev_showaxisicon = moi.view.showAxisIcon; before renderToClipboard() and then moi.view.showAxisIcon = prev_showaxisicon; after it to restore it.

Hope this helps! I have only looked up these values but not tested the above scripts myself, please let me know if they don't work properly for you.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5381.3 In reply to 5381.2 
I don't understand for the mesh angle where do I input the two angles ? 3 and 8 ?

For the XYZ stuff I tried it doesn't seem to work...

Here's the updated shortcut only for the XYZ

script: /* Custom screenshot */ var prev_background = moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor; moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor = 0xFFFFFF; moi.view.lineWidth = 3; moi.grid.display = false; moi.grid.showXYAxes = false; var prev_showaxisicon = moi.view.showAxisIcon; moi.ui.getActiveViewport().renderToClipboard( 4000, 2500 ); moi.view.lineWidth = 1; moi.grid.display = true; moi.grid.showXYAxes = true; moi.view.showAxisIcon = prev_showaxisicon; moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor = prev_background;
-- shapenoid.com
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5381.4 In reply to 5381.3 
Hi DesuDeus, sorry that's what I get for writing in a hurry and not testing code - what I wrote before was incorrect - it was saving and restoring the value but not actually setting the new value.

Try this:

script: /* Custom screenshot */ var prev_background = moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor; moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor = 0xFFFFFF; moi.view.lineWidth = 3; moi.grid.display = false; moi.grid.showXYAxes = false; moi.view.showAxisIcon = false; moi.view.meshAngle = 3; moi.ui.getActiveViewport().renderToClipboard( 4000, 2500 ); moi.view.lineWidth = 1; moi.grid.display = true; moi.grid.showXYAxes = true; moi.view.showAxisIcon = true; moi.view.meshAngle = 8; moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor = prev_background;

So these parts before the screenshot should set the values you want for the screenshot: moi.view.showAxisIcon = false; moi.view.meshAngle = 3;

And these parts here set it to the values you want at the end: moi.view.showAxisIcon = true; moi.view.meshAngle = 8;

Let me know if that's still not working right.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5381.5 In reply to 5381.4 
Yay ! Now my 2D workflow is complete !

I can quickly design in 2D, take screengrabs, put them all in a single A3 sheet for the client then tweak the final choice in Illustrator for gradients/colors :)

Awesome ! There's just that tiny viewport name detail (is it possible to remove it completly by editing an html file somewhere or the MoI CSS ?) and transparent background and then it will be perfect.

Thanks a lot Michael, you know how to keep your customers happy ^^
-- shapenoid.com
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5381.6 In reply to 5381.5 
Hi DesuDeus,

> Awesome ! There's just that tiny viewport name detail (is it possible to remove it completly
> by editing an html file somewhere or the MoI CSS ?)

No, that part is drawn by MoI's 3D rendering code and not by the HTML UI engine.

So that particular thing is not controlled by any CSS or HTML files.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-6