Moi3D Anti_Aliasing turn off

Next
modeling of complex structures moi3d antialiasing uncomfortable.
seems comfortable creating options turn off antialiasing display
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5370.2 In reply to 5370.1 
Hi cinema4d, there is not currently any option to turn off curve antialiasing and make a jaggedy curve display instead...

I don't often hear about any problem with the curve display appearance, are you on a particularly low resolution display or something like that?

Or are you looking for a performance increase? If that's the case, try the v3 beta release, that uses multi-core processing for the display which can help improve that area. Also try turning off the hidden-line display (under View > Display hidden lines).

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5370.3 In reply to 5370.1 
Also can you please describe a bit more detail about the problem? "Uncomfortable" is very vague so I don't really understand what the problem is just from that description.

Thanks, - Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5370.4 In reply to 5370.3 
Described in more detail..

Moi3d line of the display is too thick.
Antialising strong.

Because
Lines or complicated. Overlap is really too hard to see.

Detailed work when Anti_aliasing rather inconvenient because...
Anti_aliasing do not have better.

Or Anti_Aliasing strength and thickness, I hope you see in the current line.

Made a good program too, Thank you very much.
Have a nice day

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5370.5 In reply to 5370.4 
Hi cinema4d, thanks for the additional explanation!

I have to admit though, that I don't really see a problem there in the MoI screenshot.

There are actually cases where the anti-aliasing can help to see exact overlap where it is impossible to see it with a jagged aliased display - that's because the way anti-aliasing works the semi-transparent areas will get darker when they are drawn several times in the same spot. So a line that is actually made up of several lines stacked up exactly over top of one another will have an even thicker darker look to it with the anti-aliased display.

See here for an example - here one area has 5 smaller lines stacked up right on top of each other:

With an aliased display you would not be able to see that same kind of thickening at all.

It could be possible in the future to add an option for this but I'm sorry right now there is not anything set up for that.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5370.6 In reply to 5370.4 
Hi cinema4d - it looks like it won't be too difficult for me to put in some kind of option to reduce the width of the anti-aliasing effect for the next v3 beta.

It will probably be an option that you will need to edit in moi.ini , I will list it in the release notes for the next v3 beta.

It will produce thinner looking lines but also a lot more jaggedy looking as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5370.7 In reply to 5370.6 
Moi3d genuine users is happy.
thank you
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hi Michael, I think the current setting for anti-aliasing works fine for me. Please note that I have the line width set to "0.1", which is really and arbitrary number less than 1, but it seems to reduce the original heaviness of the lines.
(The line width is set in the current .ini)

I notice that the "smoothness" of MoI's anti-aliased lines fall somewhere in-between the quality of CorelDRAW's (which is course) and Adobe Illustrator's (which is often too blurry). MoI's drawing had one great advantage I really like, and that is the literal and correct triangle shapes at the corners of curves and lines that come to an exact point. Now that's a sharp look.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All