File problem
All  1-3  4-8

Previous
Next
5357.4 In reply to 5357.1 
Hi Tatyana, I tested the files you originally sent to me with Rhino and Rhino complains that there are "unreadable objects" in the file, which is definitely not normal.

It could be possible that these files have been damaged somehow and are corrupted - that can happen if for example your disk or storage device is starting to malfunction and not retain information properly or things like that.

The file that you sent to me "millign_spindle_rotated.3dm" looked to be just a blank file but did have some stuff show up when I did an "unhide", so that's why I thought that was just what you needed, but it seems that there is more to it than that.

Rhino has a command called Rescue3DMFile which will try to scan through a corrupted 3DM file and attempt to salvage data from it. That might possibly work but it depends on how in particular and how much data has been mangled by whatever corrupted the file in the first place. It's definitely worth a shot thought to see if it will help you.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5357.5 In reply to 5357.4 
Hi Tatyana, to use Rescue3DMFile in Rhino, type in that command name and then pick your file, then at the first prompt pick "Recover" and at the next prompt push "Read All" and that seems to find a whole bunch of stuff in there.

I did a quick run under the debugger and one warning message is printed that there is a CRC error in the file - that means that a checksum that was recorded when the file was written does not match the current contents of the file, usually that means the file has been damaged or garbled in some way.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5357.6 In reply to 5357.1 
It also might be a good time to worry about whatever device you were using to store these files - if it's an older hard disk it might be dying, if it's something like a thumb drive maybe toss it out and get a new one.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5357.7 In reply to 5357.6 
Hi Michael,

Thankyou very much for help! Rescue3DMFile command recovered all files successfully!

P.S. I'm still in your spam list)

Best regards,

Tatyana.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5357.8 In reply to 5357.7 
Hi Tatyana, I'm glad you were able to recover your content!

Normally the spam filter is very good at not bouncing legitimate e-mails but in your case that's what's happening. It could be possible that someone at your same Internet server has been sending spam and has gotten that domain listed on one of the "realtime blacklist" services.

I have now configured the spam service so I think any future e-mails from you should be allowed, sorry for the problem.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-8