v3 upgrade pricing and release date??

Next
hi,

sorry to ask if asked before, but any news on a release date for v3?

i own v1 and as yet have not upgraded to v2 as my work does not need it yet, but wonder if its worth waiting to v3 for the upgrade> or would it be beneficial to up to v2 then v3

any info would be great to help make the decision

thanks

Tony
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5354.2 In reply to 5354.1 
Hi Tony, there is not any release date set for v3 yet, there is still a lot of stuff that I want to add in to it.

My best wild guess at the moment would be sometime in the first half of next year, maybe something like 6-7 months from now. That is just a total guess though.

The pricing is not finalized but most likely it will not change from V2, and the upgrade pricing from v1 to v2 was $100.

I do not currently know if there will be an upgrade path from V1 to V3 skipping V2, right now the license mechanism expects that upgrades happen from the last prior version and not from a skipped version behind it. That's something that I might work on changing to allow a skipped version upgrade but I'm not entirely sure that will happen.

There is quite a lot of new stuff and improvements in v2 as compared to v1 so I'd definitely recommend upgrading to v2 now and then v3 later next year. V1 is really pretty old at this point. And actually to get the best and most up to date stuff I'd really recommend running the v3 beta release right now as the main version to use, you can use it if you have a v2 license.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5354.3 In reply to 5354.2 
thanks for the reply michael, will take the dive into v2 as you recommend, Moi was always easy to use.. even with v1.. so looking forward to the new improvements in v2

Tony
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5354.4 In reply to 5354.3 
Hi Tony, by the way you can find a list of all the new stuff in v2 here:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/doc/V2releasenotes.html

And what's new so far with v3 here:
http://moi3d.com/wiki/V3Beta

Thanks,
- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5354.5 In reply to 5354.4 
""""""""I do not currently know if there will be an upgrade path from V1 to V3 skipping V2,""""""""""""""""""""""

Right now, there is too much value happening in the devlopment of MoI for me personally to skip. However, at some point, it may make sense to consider this (May be much further down the road)

Several of my Adobe products "punish" a skipped upgrade with higher prices. The development on those more mature products, for me, doesnt always warrant upgrading though It seems I may stop using some because the upgrade is almost a full price now, and they are kindof expensive.

However, As your business is fledgling, I also dont see "punishing" the developer!

For me, at this stage, I see the value in every release as warranting the cost. At some point, if release versions become Mundane, like "I added some icons for commands already there" then I would push for a more relaxed upgrade path.

Just some input. Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All