moi3d v3 dxf support?
All  1-3  4-9

Previous
Next
5343.4 In reply to 5343.3 
Hi Michael T - maybe, but I was thinking that the question was more about generating a 2D drawing like with hidden lines removed and dimensions, etc...

The 3dmCurves2DXF utility (http://moi3d.com/resources#3dmCurves2DXF_converter) does not do that kind of drawing generation, it only translates already existsing curves from 3DM format into DXF format.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5343.5 In reply to 5343.4 
Hi Michael, Thank you for your Answer the 3dmCurves2DXF does not work with my CAD/CAM Program (NCCAD) unfortunatly.
As it shows an empty file. I know that in Rhino accours the same problem with the standart export option but it works with r12 natural.
I like moi3d for the drawings cuz it is really intuitive an. The .stl export works great. I want create my eyewear with a mixture of 3d and 2d milling. Therefore I need the lines drawn in moi3d too.

If there is any possibility to use 3dmCurves2DXF anyway I'd be happy

EDITED: 25 Aug 2012 by NEKRO

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5343.6 In reply to 5343.5 
Hi nekro,

> the 3dmCurves2DXF does not work with my CAD/CAM Program (NCCAD) unfortunatly.
> As it shows an empty file.

Are you trying to export a solid object using that converter? Because that converter only converts curve objects, like for example lines and rectangles, not solids.

If you tried to convert a solid and there were no "standalone" regular curves in the file, then that's normal that you would get an empty file as the result since it would not find anything to convert.

The DXF file that the converter produces uses SPLINE entities for all the curves - it could be possible that your receiving application does not support that kind of entity and instead only processes polylines or lines or other kinds of entity types like that, I'm not sure since I am not familiar with that program.

If the Rhino export works best, then using Rhino for the data transfer may be your best option, it also works well to use MoI and Rhino in combination with one another.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5343.7 In reply to 5343.6 
Hi Michael,

Concering dxf I only work with 2d lines and not with solid objects.
I understand nccad actually works with polylines so that's the problem.
As Rhino is a quite expensive conversion tool. Can you suggest a more affordable one?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5343.8 In reply to 5343.7 
Hi nekro, you might try ViaCAD: http://www.punchcad.com/p-9-viacad-2d3d-v8.aspx ($99)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5343.9 In reply to 5343.8 
I'll try thank you very much for your help
  Reply Reply More Options